Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX Trade in against a new LBX

We had an e-mail from our local deal asking if we were interested in a closer look at the new LBX that was due to arrive at the end of January and as we have have so many problems with our car, we were very interested. so I had arranged to go over prior to the arrival of the LBX to get a part exchange valuation on our car which was 4 months old and top of the range (UX F Sport Takumi in Blazing Carnelian Orange) Ho much do you think our UX is worth now? 

I will let those ponder on this, and very interested to know how much you may think it's worth.

The updated UX is due soon...you can get a £5500 discount on the current model, you'd be lucky to get -£10,000...it's a hard world .

8 minutes ago, stevewagster said:

So a loss of around £888 a month, is that good, bad or average?

That's terrible, my pervious car was a Mazda cx3 £20'000 paid and got back £16'000 after 3 years. i didn't realise just how bad EV's and hybrids were when it comes to losing so much money in such a short space of time

my friend's Audi cost £80'000 now at 2 years old £35'000 

• Sad 1

I would think its half the price of what you paid for. But depends on your dealer and your relationship with them, as they would always value your car from the lowest to their mid range values.  If you have been with them for a while and you service the car then most probably you get a good deal but would always get a third party to value your car first rather than the dealer atleast you will have an estimate 

29 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

My UX is 18 month old paid 36'000 and is now worth £20'000 with 5000 miles (ca. 8,047 km) on the clock 

A loss of £16000 in 18 months is awful Lost over 40% of its original price ( I won't say value because I don't think new cars are good value generally ).  But I think it reflects on poor trade-in prices at the moment, although they seem to still sell used cars at high prices at Lexus😴   I just looked on Autotrader and they seem to be sold for about£34K by Lexus dealers. Maybe a private sale would be better for you?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

That's terrible, my pervious car was a Mazda cx3 £20'000 paid and got back £16'000 after 3 years. i didn't realise just how bad EV's and hybrids were when it comes to losing so much money in such a short space of time

my friend's Audi cost £80'000 now at 2 years old £35'000 

Wow, a 45 grand hit, absolutely shocking, that's not bad on your Mazda  I must say, our Volvo was a loss of 10 grand over 3 years and was very happy with that.

35 minutes ago, nivlem said:

I would think its half the price of what you paid for. But depends on your dealer and your relationship with them, as they would always value your car from the lowest to their mid range values.  If you have been with them for a while and you service the car then most probably you get a good deal but would always get a third party to value your car first rather than the dealer atleast you will have an estimate 

This is our 3rd Lexus and always get them serviced at the dealership, Interesting you reckon a 50% loss in 4 months, so that would equate a £24k loss, so a £6000 pound loss for each month?

2 minutes ago, GMB said:

I suppose someone has to pay for the fancy showrooms and stuff😒

Mine's in for second service tomorrow so I'll be chipping-in to their coffers too!😟

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GMB said:

Yep, just drink loads of their coffee and take the biscuits home for later.

They do have great coffee I must say. To be honest (and in a non sexist tone) the reception staff used to be very 'photogenic' in light blue blouses and what I can only describe as 'Jodhpurs' but like most places the uniform standard has disappeared and it's more of a 'come-as-you-are' event!

Second hand car prices are poor at the moment and can’t be compared with 2 years ago.  I’d guess at £24k which sounds disappointing but it’s not the brand, it’s the market.  You can manipulate the deal to sweeten it or wait a few months until the LBX is discounted.   What was wrong with the terrible UX?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Don C said:

What was wrong with the terrible UX

I made some remarks about the UX and got shot down in flames on this forum site. I still have the same opinion - having driven one for two days - but I am keeping shtum now for fear of reprisals.😬🙊

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

They do have great coffee I must say. To be honest (and in a non sexist tone) the reception staff used to be very 'photogenic' in light blue blouses and what I can only describe as 'Jodhpurs' but like most places the uniform standard has disappeared and it's more of a 'come-as-you-are' event!

Charles, I want to come to your dealer lol but on that, the receptionist (not just) has been at my dealer for the 15 years plus years that we have been going there, the most polite and sociable person you cold find, very knowledgeable and always comes back to you with an answer, ten out of ten for her.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GMB said:

I made some remarks about the UX and got shot down in flames on this forum site. I still have the same opinion - having driven one for two days - but I am keeping shtum now for fear of reprisals.😬🙊

I absolutely agree but you find idiots on every forum to some extent and just take their mindless comments with the distaste they deserve and move on to those who can be constructive. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevewagster said:

I absolutely agree but you find idiots on every forum to some extent and just take their mindless comments with the distaste they deserve and move on to those who can be constructive. 

I recall the conversation and whilst I don't want to drag-up the issue I just want to agree with your comment and reiterate that sometimes saying nothing is the best thing to do. I follow a site on FB for people that have old houses and the amount of facetious and pointless responses sometimes drowns-out the genuine helpers. I don't have an old house but I am a competent DIY'er and will only contribute practical advise when on solid ground. I certainly don't offer a negative dislike to some of the many decorating/tiling images - what good would that do?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lmafudd said:

I recall the conversation and whilst I don't want to drag-up the issue I just want to agree with your comment and reiterate that sometimes saying nothing is the best thing to do. I follow a site on FB for people that have old houses and the amount of facetious and pointless responses sometimes drowns-out the genuine helpers. I don't have an old house but I am a competent DIY'er and will only contribute practical advise when on solid ground. I certainly don't offer a negative dislike to some of the many decorating/tiling images - what good would that do?

Unfortunately we have to take the good with the bad, but sometimes it spoils what should be a positive experience at the expense of the witless, time to move on i think.  

Anyway, getting back to valuations and mine was for our 4 month old car was £23k, so a loss of 25 grand, It's just ridiculous, on that basis I will wait six months and buy a second hand LBX for virtually nothing! 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

39 minutes ago, stevewagster said:

Unfortunately we have to take the good with the bad, but sometimes it spoils what should be a positive experience at the expense of the witless, time to move on i think.  

Anyway, getting back to valuations and mine was for our 4 month old car was £23k, so a loss of 25 grand, It's just ridiculous, on that basis I will wait six months and buy a second hand LBX for virtually nothing! 

OMG.....that's £6250 a month loss....surely that's not right....have you tried a valuation from Webuyanycar ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, cur666 said:

OMG.....that's £6250 a month loss....surely that's not right....have you tried a valuation from Webuyanycar ?

That site is very bad for quotes, so would never go down that route. Motorway .com appear to be the best 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links