Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to get Navigation System-linked Display on a 2024 NX, it is mentioned in the handbook (if equipped - I have Takumi spec so was hoping I had everything) and I saw it on a YouTube video - it shows the turn by turn instructions from your apple CarPlay navigation app on the dashboard and HUD.

4 minutes ago, Huwman said:

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to get Navigation System-linked Display on a 2024 NX, it is mentioned in the handbook (if equipped - I have Takumi spec so was hoping I had everything) and I saw it on a YouTube video - it shows the turn by turn instructions from your Apple CarPlay navigation app on the dashboard and HUD.

Mine only does that when using Lexus Navigation, but not when using Waze. I haven't tried Google Maps yet to see if that works in the HUD?

4 hours ago, Huwman said:

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to get Navigation System-linked Display on a 2024 NX, it is mentioned in the handbook (if equipped - I have Takumi spec so was hoping I had everything) and I saw it on a YouTube video - it shows the turn by turn instructions from your Apple CarPlay navigation app on the dashboard and HUD.

On my NX, it works with apple CarPlay and apple Maps - the next turn (ie turn right) and distance will display in the driver display and HUD (possibly not if you have the minimal HUD view). It does not work with Google Maps on CarPlay - just apple Maps in my experience.

On 3/29/2024 at 10:08 PM, Harrier Man said:

I posted info on 26 February that should help you. Hopefully, having gone through the steps you've already taken, it won't be too bigger step to do the reset. Good luck.

So I did the full reset and finally things seem to be talking again. I had to do a couple of re-registrations with the app before the car finally started greeting me by name again, not requiring me to accept the terms each time and remembering preferences for driver assist and the meter layout. It seems that things like radio presets didn't get automatically restored and there is a gap in journeys shown in the app between applying the software update and finally getting communications restored. Also a couple of journeys today haven't shown up yet (the last 2 are there, but 2 before that are missing, several others today are then there).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never got around to performing the update, mainly as I couldn’t face taking the time sorting out the issues with things being busy at home.

The car has now stopped offering the update, so I am not sure if Lexus have pulled it to resolve issues or the car has given up. 

Is anyone else still being prompted to update?

I rang the dealer yesterday, the service manager said Lexus are working on a fix and we should in a few weeks whether it neede an over the air update or not. 

Randomly thought I'd try to send a text message through Siri today and it worked perfectly (whilst driving). Then tried the same but via WhatsApp this evening (not driving) and that also worked perfectly. Recipient confirmed received as intended.

Checked software version and it's still showing a v. 2.50. So nothing physical has changed, they must have made changes at the Lexus back-end? Be interested to see if this is a permanent fix and if others find their issues now resolved?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, VK13 said:

Is this still working?

Yes, mine is working fine now. Did you try turning off the multimedia with long press of the volume button on the console, then restarting it again? Think someone posted this as a potential fix on another thread?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links