Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange suspension? issue

Whilst driving down a dual carriageway a few weeks back the combination of road camber and a passing articulated truck resulted in my NX450+ experiencing something similar to that of a sudden strong wind hit to the side. This movement made me feel slightly queasy for a short period.

Since this I've felt that the car feels slightly 'bouncy' and doesn't appear to be as planted as it once was. I've checked tyre pressures just in case one of the UK's many thousands of potholes that had an affect but all looks OK from that front.

The car is in for its first service in a few weeks so will mention this to Lexus but could the incident a few weeks back have affected my suspension in some way?

Are you sure that this isn't one of the 'safety' systems kicking in? The car warns you if you change lane without indicating. It thinks you have gone to sleep and are drifting off course! The effect is similar to being hit by a strong gust of wind. Personally, I don't like it and would let me carry on with my nap!

• Like 4

it's not a safety system as I never changed lane or got close to doing so. It was a bizarre combination of the car travelling quickly over a camber in the road then being hit by the rush of air from a truck.

Since the symptom is still present I would get it checked out asap to give you an assurance that your vehicle is safe to drive. Why not place the vehicle on full lock left and right check with a torch and check the road springs for breakage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links