Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance for LBX

if Lexus want to sell the LBX to the younger customers they need to sort something out regarding cheaper insurance quotes or else the car will be a flop. it's expensive for a 66 year old with full no claims so the younger end haven't got a chance . 

I agree! My car has now arrived at long last, today I have tried numerous comparison websites and LV, Hastings, Lexus, Admiral etc. After a long and involved conversation I’ve decided to go with NFU at an eye watering £740, I’m sure the price will come down in the next few months so I’ll be keeping an eye on what’s happening and when and if the prices start to drop I’ll cancel my policy and start again. 
I’m collecting my LBX on Wednesday afternoon - I’m so excited and am sure it’ll be worth all the hassle…

If anyone wants to try NFU give them a call 0808 189 8702, I spoke to Cammy he was very helpful. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sandra W said:

I agree! My car has now arrived at long last, today I have tried numerous comparison websites and LV, Hastings, Lexus, Admiral etc. After a long and involved conversation I’ve decided to go with NFU at an eye watering £740, I’m sure the price will come down in the next few months so I’ll be keeping an eye on what’s happening and when and if the prices start to drop I’ll cancel my policy and start again. 
I’m collecting my LBX on Wednesday afternoon - I’m so excited and am sure it’ll be worth all the hassle…

If anyone wants to try NFU give them a call 0808 189 8702, I spoke to Cammy he was very helpful. 

Thank you Sandra. Worth a look see.

17 minutes ago, Sandra W said:

I also went with the NFU to be fair because it was the only insurance company with a good reputation and hopefully the pricing will come down in the near future all being well . Good luck with your new LBX drive safe .

The crazy thing is that the LBX is in insurance group 24, which is mid of where many premium small SUV’s are  - Mini Countryman, Audi , some VW T-Roc’s etc - and insurance quotes for those are much lower than the current quotes for the LBX. I think we are all hoping quotes soon come down as more insurance companies add the LBX to the websites. if not as “dog3665” says Lexus are not going to succeed in selling it to their younger hipper target audience! Mind you I always thought that might be a bit of a stretch and far more likely to sell to more mature drivers downsizing or not needing a large car but still wanting a hint of luxury. I remember Honda trying to realign the Jazz to younger folk but it still sells predominantly to older buyers.

I have arranged a test drive but certainly won’t be confirming my order until I see more realistic insurance quotes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sandra W said:

That's a ridiculous price! I am getting a new RX450h+ insured for c25% less than your quoted figure.

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

That's a ridiculous price! I am getting a new RX450h+ insured for c25% less than your quoted figure.

Just one of the many contrasts between Fife and Cheshire. 😉

• Like 2

Hi All,

As a New member both to this club & forum ( and with an LBX on order ) I must say I am more than a little shocked at the figures for insurance that have been quoted for what is a relatively small vehicle engine & emission's wise !!  I am coming from long term mercedes benz ownership and have never been quoted anything like those figures ( even when I had business use included ). What's the general consensus on here re insurance issue ? My car has been ordered from Lexus Hull but this insurance issue is making me now think twice about changing allegiance !!!

Thanks for reading and any replies would be much appreciated .

39 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Hi All,

As a New member both to this club & forum ( and with an LBX on order ) I must say I am more than a little shocked at the figures for insurance that have been quoted for what is a relatively small vehicle engine & emission's wise !!  I am coming from long term mercedes benz ownership and have never been quoted anything like those figures ( even when I had business use included ). What's the general consensus on here re insurance issue ? My car has been ordered from Lexus Hull but this insurance issue is making me now think twice about changing allegiance !!!

Thanks for reading and any replies would be much appreciated .

I am waiting for the insurance companies to get to grips. It's only been a week since they had group numbers issued. I am pretty sure by this time next week all will be well and all these issues will be a distant memory.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GruffaloRider said:

I am waiting for the insurance companies to get to grips. It's only been a week since they had group numbers issued. I am pretty sure by this time next week all will be well and all these issues will be a distant memory.

That what was said, last week. 😞

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 8:05 PM, robsmith115 said:

I have managed to get a quote for my LBX from Lexus insurance online. Good price too!

What price did you get quoted & for which model ??

Admiral have the LBX in all variants on comparison websites. For a Premium Plus the quote was £602 - North Yorkshire, no accidents or claims, max NCD, retired - little competition at the moment but hopefully more insurers will now shortly list the LBX. Like "Robsmith" I am currently with LV so I’me waiting to see what their premiums are like before committing to purchase.

• Like 2

How come a member posted a comment on buying fake currency in this thread but it doesn't appear in the post?   

11 minutes ago, SH20 said:

How come a member posted a comment on buying fake currency in this thread but it doesn't appear in the post?   

I had that come through last night & thought it a Scam so deleted it immediately !!!!

39 minutes ago, robsmith115 said:

I have just tried all the major insurance comparison sites, plus a few companies that don't appear on these sites, and didn't get a single quote!

Same problem here, your not on your own. Lexus insurance have quoted £906 for premium plus with one claim for a write off (my fault) and 3 points for speeding.

Comparison sites are usually half the price of Lexus insure. Still waiting patiently, 12 days till I pick mine up. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, robsmith115 said:

I have just tried all the major insurance comparison sites, plus a few companies that don't appear on these sites, and didn't get a single quote!

Did you try Admiral? I got a quote yesterday evening through “comparethemarket “ of £602. See previous post.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Expatma said:

Did you try Admiral? I got a quote yesterday evening through “comparethemarket “ of £602. See previous post.

I went online direct to Admiral and couldn't get a quote. Compare the market gave no quotes from any insurers.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Expatma said:

Admiral only list the premium plus. I've bought an original edition 

Screenshot_20240314-000543.png

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, robsmith115 said:

Admiral only list the premium plus. I've bought an original edition 

Screenshot_20240314-000543.png

That's strange, when I checked they listed the range! Maybe worth a telephone call to Admiral to check?

Lexus insurance despite quoting me £430 can't now insure me ATM (it's with their underwriters).

I've just spent an hour on the phone to NFU with no end result because it's not a premium plus I'm insuring...it's now with their underwriters.

For reference I'm 52, full no claims, clean licence etc etc trying to insure an original edition.

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links