Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cooling upgrade

Done the trans oil upgrade today , came out pretty nice , clean looking setup , also looking at adding an additional oil cooler. 
anyone here has done the mod and would be able to advise which sandwich plate would be better to use ? 

IMG_5591.thumb.jpeg.927953529bdf742f1560673c736af47b.jpeg

IMG_5592.jpeg

IMG_5590.jpeg

• Like 1

Planning to do a clubsport build and hopefully taking it to the tracks this year , so definitely will be needed 

Thought about that but most likely spray paint will peel off with time and will look tacky , might change them when will add oil cooler

Just a decent brand oil cooler , some 10mm oil/fuel lines , AN10 to 10mm push hose adapter , and universal oil cooler mounts 

On 2/29/2024 at 8:24 PM, Ivacerk said:

sandwich plate

Not done the mod on an ISF but have used Mocol thermostatic sandwich plates and coolers with AN fittings.  They were good and reasonably priced….

Nice set up. Keen to see the numbers whilst under load. 

Out of curiosity what's your view on oil catch cans. I've been 50/50 towards getting one. I think I'd build my own preferably.

Same 50/50 
My iSF is on 49k miles, does little miles , it doesn't get abused at all and its well looked after, most likely it will see 3-4 track days until end of summer if i’ll have enough time and thats it and i doubt 3-4 track days will do any harm to the engine without the catch can , so no point for me to install one  

if the car would’ve been used every week on track being pushed to the max all the time , i would definitely get one to keep the engine clean 

Even if i’ll decide to install one that wouldn't be anytime soon as there are things that i’d like to upgrade way before the catch can 😁

• Like 1

Ahh that's good. If you're prioritising other areas, such as cooling, than I'm sold that I shouldn't be focused on one in the near future.

I'm certainly going to get the parts needed for the trans cooler.

On 3/18/2024 at 9:04 AM, RichGS11 said:

Ahh that's good. If you're prioritising other areas, such as cooling, than I'm sold that I shouldn't be focused on one in the near future.

I'm certainly going to get the parts needed for the trans cooler.

I’ve used the Darkside Oil cooler , which is exact same oil cooler as Mishimoto/Setrab/Mocal one , or any other big company’s cooler , it’s seems they all use the same one just rebrand them under their name 

• Thanks 1

Thank you.

It seems my first issue is hunting down an AC leak which has materialised whilst the car has sat. I have some blue/green seepage around what looks like a pump (near the rad). Running the HVAC diagnostic tests tomorrow to see what it finds. Fun!!

4 hours ago, RichGS11 said:

blue/green seepage around what looks like a pump (near the rad)

If its blue/green thats most likely freon , looks like dry powder , on my F , one of the AC pipes had a crack on it and the blue/green stuff was everywhere 😐

6 hours ago, Ivacerk said:

If its blue/green thats most likely freon , looks like dry powder , on my F , one of the AC pipes had a crack on it and the blue/green stuff was everywhere 😐

Yeah that's the stuff. It's all round the oil cooler, so some weekend investigating is taking place the next 2 days lol.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links