Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 down in power since the day I bought it, compression tested recently all cylinders 175/180 good compression. 

Has new spark plugs, vvti solenoid, fuel pump, new coilpacks, throttle body and sensors, new japspeed manifold with no cats, new 02 sensors/second hand sensors but they came off a perfectly working car
I have a new MAP sensor on the way 

I know they are a slow car but it being down on power makes it real difficult to drive, only light on dash is oil light comes on and off as im driving  but its not leaking oil, I check the oil religiously because of it and has never lost a drop since I got it, scanned the car and it has no faults

Any suggestions?

11 hours ago, Keithok said:

only light on dash is oil light comes on and off as im driving

Is it the low level or low pressure oil warning?

You say it has always been down on power, I assume you know what a normal IS200 feel like then? As you say, they aren't quick cars to start with. Does it rev all the way to the redline?

@ColinBarber i changed the pressure switch under the intake manifold and the light stays there flashing so im assuming its level sensor, the car is never gone down a drop of oil I check it weekly, yeah ive had a couple is200 before i know they are slow, I even drove mine and my mates lexus side by side for comparison and its noticeable down on power, yeah it red lines all the way to the top, it takes a while to get to redline but it gets there eventually 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keithok said:

i changed the pressure switch under the intake manifold and the light stays there flashing so im assuming its level sensor

level warning is orange, pressure is red.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links