Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 2is Bluetooth Working with Mark Levinson is220d is250

Just bought an IS220d and realised it's only got Bluetooth for calls, not for playing music (Mark Levinson Sound System). Searching around, it seems a lot of people struggle to find a Bluetooth adapter that fits nicely and stays hidden.

Bluetooth Adapter

I've found this Bluetooth adapter which I'd never seen before, the actual Bluetooth part is inside the USB itself. also a perfect fit and tucks away in the centre console. amazon link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BTT48C61?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Shallow 12v Charger
Also grabbed a shallow 12v charger that fits without taking space. Have a look here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PGT7LSR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

sound quality is great, no fake bass added like I've seen some of those FM ones do, connects instantly as soon as you turn the car on and goes straight to Aux on the screen, all volume controls still work. and steering wheel
Both fit inside the centre console, completely out of sight, and the console lid closes without hitting anything same with the sliding armrest. Plus, there's an extra USB port free for charging your phone or whatever else you need.

hope that helps someone

61jhe3TEllL._AC_SX425_.jpg

51QcDnOeOnS._AC_SX522_.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

there are a few older threads where similar setups have been explored. 

To your current setup you could add an L-shaped USB adapter like this one to remove strain on the cable/ avoid it catching in the armrest lid. When I was running a similar setup I also had to add a ground loop isolator as I was getting a buzzing sound when no music was playing 

If you want to change tracks from the steering wheel you can install this  which goes in the back of your stereo as a second CD magazine. Will not show the name of the tracks playing though and it's a bit tricky/fiddly to remove the headunit to install the adapter, but with a bit of patience it's quite an easy process really.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 8:55 AM, zoricib said:

there are a few older threads where similar setups have been explored. 

To your current setup you could add an L-shaped USB adapter like this one to remove strain on the cable/ avoid it catching in the armrest lid. When I was running a similar setup I also had to add a ground loop isolator as I was getting a buzzing sound when no music was playing 

If you want to change tracks from the steering wheel you can install this  which goes in the back of your stereo as a second CD magazine. Will not show the name of the tracks playing though and it's a bit tricky/fiddly to remove the headunit to install the adapter, but with a bit of patience it's quite an easy process really.

I used this on mine, works a treat. Fairly straight forward to install with a few tools and gentle hands. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As Bogdan has stated. Definitely get the L shaped USB adapter. How you've got yours will cause cable breakage. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links