Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pilot Sport 5's on a CT200

Does anybody here have the Pilot Sport 5's (or any other Pilot Sport) Michelin tyre on your CT200h? 

How have you found it? 

I'll need new tyres soon and I was debating between keeping it on the Yokohama's (as new) or move across to Michelins which I've always had good experiences with in the past and long lasting lifespan. 

This cars a little sporty, low profile tyres (could benefit from the big rim protectors on the PS5's) 

• 3 weeks later...

PS5’s aren’t exactly marketed for a slow hatchback and are priced accordingly.

I have cross climate 2’s which are equally as expensive 🙄

Longevity and road comfort/noise would be my focus points. Obviously difficult to quantifiably rate given different cars, roads, driving styles.

I prefer Goodyear Eagles F1 Asymmetric's on my higher performing Cars. But am very happy with the New Yoko's I had fitted to the CT, after the rubbish the PO had put on them. I will stay with the Yoko's for this car. Slightly softer ride with the firm riding CT than a more sport performing tyre I should imagine.

On 3/28/2024 at 7:20 AM, adamhearn said:

PS5’s aren’t exactly marketed for a slow hatchback and are priced accordingly.

I have cross climate 2’s which are equally as expensive 🙄

Longevity and road comfort/noise would be my focus points. Obviously difficult to quantifiably rate given different cars, roads, driving styles.

The DS3 I had came with PS3's from the factory, that was a diesel with 120hp. I actually bought CC2's as well in 2021 - the thing couldn't go around a corner over 20mph at all with the Cross Climates, although far from a hot hatch with tonnes of power, it made a big difference.  We have all four on the Mazda 2 with Cross Climate 2's bought last year, as that's fairly slow and never driven fast by my mum (her car), seemed a good one to have the all-season capability on.  It's impressive what the CC2's can do in terms of ice / cold weather but definitely at the expense of even everyday handling I thought. 

All Michelin's are pricey, but at the same time, they pretty much outlast and wear much better /slower than any other brand it seems.  The CT has relatively spotty suspension, even though it's not fast, still fun to throw into a corner so I thought Pilot Sport's would be fun on it? 

On 3/28/2024 at 7:43 AM, ColinBarber said:

I would have thought the Primacy range is more suited for the CT. Certainly no need for an ultra high performance tyre.

On my former car, a 2018 Avensis, I put four Primacy 4 S's on to it. Much better comfort, okay handling, but definitely no Pilot Sports in the corners. That wasn't a fast car or one that handled even as well as a CT, but even on that I regretted not getting the Pilot Sports. Those Primacy's cost £600 from Autodoc at the time. Primacy seems to be a touring tyre? 

What is the standard factory fit for the CT classed as tyre segment wise? 

On 3/28/2024 at 10:10 AM, Poundy said:

I prefer Goodyear Eagles F1 Asymmetric's on my higher performing Cars. But am very happy with the New Yoko's I had fitted to the CT, after the rubbish the PO had put on them. I will stay with the Yoko's for this car. Slightly softer ride with the firm riding CT than a more sport performing tyre I should imagine.

There's one Eagle F1 on my car (along side some other el-cheapo brand) and two originals I suspect at the back which are Yokohama's but I'm not sure if that's the case. Which model Yokohama's do you fit? 

Do you reckon the Pilot Sports could contribute to further harshness on a CT? 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links