Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dealer wants to buy my CT back!

Hi all,

I have a CT200 Fsport on a 19 plate with 27 thousand miles on the clock and the Lexus dealership I bought it from has texted asking to buy it back. 
I still have around 16 months before I pay it off and was wondering has anyone had the dealership wanting to buy back there car?

this is the text I received just around closing time of the dealer.

Hi Mr Fxxxxxxx

WE WANT YOUR CAR!

Used Lexus are in high demand at the moment, meaning we cannot replenish our forecourt quick enough.
If you would consider selling your Ct Hatchback  back to us, we would love to offer you an extremely competitive price.For details please contact me directly..

IMG_0037.jpeg

Pop your reg and mileage into webuyanycar to get an idea of value. You may get a bit more if you’re lucky. Dealers often send these out if they want specific cars. 

real question is what would you change into, and why, and at what cost?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tickedon said:

Pop your reg and mileage into webuyanycar to get an idea of value. You may get a bit more if you’re lucky. Dealers often send these out if they want specific cars. 

real question is what would you change into, and why, and at what cost?

I was not even thinking about changing it but now the seed has been planted.

i fancy going electric but the UX is old and the RZ is a fortune. 

They've been after ours for a while, but the CT is by far the most bullet proof car we have owned. Ours is now back to looking as new and maintained regardless of cost. Unfortunately for the dealer the bulk of his offerings although newer, look no better and most have higher mileage, and would mean me parting with a decent wedge for basically a newer reg plate, and as I have a private plate to put on it at some stage it seems a no brainer for me.

Of course things could change today as it's in for Service and MOT 😆

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Spock66 said:

You could reword the title - Dealer wants to sell you a new car......

Especially when he sends a letter to Mr Fxxxxxxx

That's a big bunch of kisses. 

Not all but most of the Cars I have bought I have saved for and paid cash and had them a long time usually around 10yrs, I do often wonder? say for example only, take the case of a 10yr old Car has this been bought by say 3 owners each having payment terms over 3 to 5yrs and if so what did this finance cost over this 10yrs?

I purchased a Lexus CT one month ago from Evans Halshaw, getting a small top up loan from my son I paid for it outright, the dealer tried his best to get me to take out finance, extended warranty, anti stain treatment for the interior and another for the paintwork, perhaps all this put together may be close to £4K. they tried to insist that I should not consider to buy any car and not buy a warranty on two potential deals I was making, both salesmen were to tell me they would not let their Mother buy a car without an extended warranty, to which I replied I only do around a third of the mileage of the average driver and I will take the warranty if you give it to me at a third of the price.

I doubt very much if I will ever get a call from them wanting to buy my Car back, they hardly got a cup of tea out of the deal I had with them?  

6 hours ago, Daft Dave said:

Not all but most of the Cars I have bought I have saved for and paid cash and had them a long time usually around 10yrs, I do often wonder? say for example only, take the case of a 10yr old Car has this been bought by say 3 owners each having payment terms over 3 to 5yrs and if so what did this finance cost over this 10yrs?

I purchased a Lexus CT one month ago from Evans Halshaw, getting a small top up loan from my son I paid for it outright, the dealer tried his best to get me to take out finance, extended warranty, anti stain treatment for the interior and another for the paintwork, perhaps all this put together may be close to £4K. they tried to insist that I should not consider to buy any car and not buy a warranty on two potential deals I was making, both salesmen were to tell me they would not let their Mother buy a car without an extended warranty, to which I replied I only do around a third of the mileage of the average driver and I will take the warranty if you give it to me at a third of the price.

I doubt very much if I will ever get a call from them wanting to buy my Car back, they hardly got a cup of tea out of the deal I had with them?  

You don't need a warranty until it is 10 years old if you start having it  serviced by Lexus. You get a rolling free I year Relax warranty with every service up to 10 years or 100,000k. Also up to 15 years on the Hybrid Battery with service. Mine gets serviced just before its delivery anniversary date so I will get 11 years Relax warranty. The advantage with it being serviced while under warranty you don't get loaded with dubious add on work that may be needed or not, like some service providers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this might be an automated text from your dealer you know? They have your name and the model in their database.  Regular thing I'd say to plant the very seed to get you thinking.. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links