Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen wiper fault

So today in the rain my wipers failed! They were unresponsive to anything I did on the stalk. However I got hold of one of the blades and wiggled slightly. This seemed to do the trick. However 45 minutes later I had to repeat this action and once again this worked. 
just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of either (I’m thinking) a relay or worst case scenario a motor. 
ps they always return to their starting position. 
any help much appreciated thanks

Had this a few years ago on mine. There is a thread about it on here somewhere where have also reported my problem. Mine would stop in any position on the screen and would only work manually. Lexus wanted £85 just to investigate. I bought a couple of denso relays off eBay for about £6. Exchanged the intermittent one and not had a problem since.

denso relay 90987-04004

The relays are located below the brake fluid reservoir. Under the black cover are 4 relays 2 for the wipers and 2 for the abs I think.

The relays are available from lexuspartsdirect but they are expensive on there so you might want to look around as they are a common part. You’ll only need one I would think as it would be strange for both to be faulty. You also could swap the relays round to see if it cures the fault but creates one in the other wiper mode.

Bob

IMG_20240320_143431_HDR_Original.jpeg

IMG_20240320_143526_BURST00_COVER_Original.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi Bob. Thanks for you informative reply. I replaced both relays without any success. I replaced the wiper motor today and the problem has been sorted. I assume the carbon brushes in the motor have a life span. I might look at replacing the brushes and recycle the motor. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links