Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

AGM or Flooded Cell 12v Battery

Does the NX have an AGM 12v Battery or a standard flooded type?

Had a quick look and I think it's the same Battery that was in my Gen 4 Prius - flooded type, but that was located under the bonnet.  With the NX's being located in the boot I thought it would have to be an AGM.  I know the Gen 3 Prius was AGM as that was boot mounted as they classed it as being in the passenger compartment.

I will be connecting my smart charger to the car whilst I am away which does auto-detect Battery type, but I just wanted to double check.

Thanks

Ha ha! Indeed - almost impossible to get an accurate reply from anyone - had the same query a few weeks ago but as you can see from the other thread, I sorted it with a flooded slightly uprated Battery. Worth saying that the original was not an AGM in my car. All working well and I can already tell that the new Battery lasts way longer with good charge than the old one. Can therefore recommend the Bosch S5005 as a good replacement. Currently £104.09 from EuroCarParts if that's any help! 🙂 Good luck.

• Like 1

I am not wanting to replace the Battery as I have only just taken delivery of the NX this week, therefore the Battery is brand new.  I was just curious as to the type of Battery it is, but you have answered my question 🙂

I am so used to putting my Prius Battery on my smart charger when I go on holiday, so I wanted to do the same as I know how quickly the 12v can discharge if its not used for a couple of weeks or more.  I expect the NX is more likely to drop charge due to it being 'connected' which my Prius wasn't.

Thanks

• Like 1

It is important to use the same type of Battery that the car was originally fitted with. AGM batteries require a higher charging voltage than standard lead-acid batteries. Putting an AGM Battery into a car that has a charging system calibrated for a lead-acid Battery means that the AGM Battery will never be fully charged, reducing its capacity and shortening its life. 

So yeah, using a modern solid state charger that can detect the Battery type is definitely a good move :thumbsup: 

Cheers... 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links