Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My New UX250H Sport Design

I have just taken delivery of a brand  new UX250H Sport Design.

After reading several positive reviews about the new Lexus LBX I was interested in purchasing this vehicle subject to a test drive. Three weeks ago I was informed by my local Lexus dealership that a LBX Takumi was available for a test drive. I had narrowed my choice down to two cars, the LBX and the UX250H sport design.  I was currently driving a RX450H which is a fantastic quiet refined vehicle, but rather large for just my wife and I.  We arrived at the  local Lexus dealership in order to test drive the LBX and UX vehicles back to back. Firstly we drove the UX 250h sport, we were both  pleasantly surprised how comfortable and easy to drive the vehicle was, manoeuvrability excellent, road noise not to intrusive, and a big  bonus - (no horrible beeping noises if you are travelling above the speed limit). We then drove the LBX Takumi,  and I must say that we were both a little disappointed with the drive, the suspension seemed to be on the firm side, and the power delivery was not as smooth as the UX250H, also we found the seats to be uncomfortable. My wife and I both agreed that that UX 250H was the car for us. We managed to negotiate a very good price for the UX250H Sport Design, Lexus are trying to sell-off  the old stock of the UX before the newer model arrives (UX300H).

Having driven the UX over the past few days I am absolutely delighted with the car, on short journeys the car is averaging nearly 50mpg.

Please see attached pictures.

ux3.jpg

ux2.jpg

ux1.jpg

ux.jpg

• Like 4

They are a very nice car indeed. Must be by far the most sold model of a Lexus as since owning one I see so many - but they always look so good!

There is a strange phenomena though. Why does every other UX I see look larger than my own?

5 hours ago, Lmafudd said:

They are a very nice car indeed. Must be by far the most sold model of a Lexus as since owning one I see so many - but they always look so good!

Not sure if you were talking about F Sport trim specifically, but in terms of the UX.. Lexus have sold approx 23k UX (hybrid & Ev) vs 34k CTs, 89k IS, 41k NX, and 61k RX in the UK. Some of those will have been scrapped by now, but, I suspect perspective may be skewed slightly in terms of what you’re noticing on the road! 

The UX (hybrid & EV combined) was (just) the best selling Lexus in the UK in 2021, 2022 and 2023 - around 1 in 3 Lexus cars sold those years. However, it was only just the best selling model - the new generation NX (hybrid & plugin) was only a couple of hundred units behind the UX in each of 2022 & 2023 

• Thanks 1

Maybe the RX/NX owners dare not take them out for fear of theft or maybe my area is less well off and we can only afford the UX! Who knows the reason but when I was out for my sojourn on Saturday I spotted 4 UX pass by and one NX plus my UX on the drive makes 5 to 1. I guess this confirms your final statement that the UX is indeed the current top seller as I supposed.

Of course this is all said in fun. I realise that there must be lots of old Lexus around but to be honest I take little notice of those in the same way I don't register other older marques. 

On 3/24/2024 at 4:26 PM, Lmafudd said:

There is a strange phenomena though. Why does every other UX I see look larger than my own?

Ha Ha Ha I thought that too they all look bigger

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links