Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bit of a downer as well. Hit my passenger side door mirror as some other cars door was open mid road. Cracked mirror. And bits and bobs came out. Lucky mirror still folds in.

But need a replacement anyone know of any genuine replacement mirror with the backplate?

16 hours ago, Ozzay said:

Bit of a downer as well. Hit my passenger side door mirror as some other cars door was open mid road. Cracked mirror. And bits and bobs came out. Lucky mirror still folds in.

But need a replacement anyone know of any genuine replacement mirror with the backplate?

You're best off looking on eBay for a mirror in your colour Oz. As your car is 2007, you shouldn't have issues finding the right one. It's only the facelift cars with indicators on the mirrors that a bit harder to come by.

• Like 1

Update on windscreen replacement.

Was told new screen was damaged so Wed appointment postponed until tomorrow [at depot, not 'on-site'] afternoon.  Called to get time and was told 3 pm. All fine, suited me.

Then 5 minutes later I got a call to be told that 2nd screen [from a different supplier] had been damaged also. I'm not sure who's "damaging" these screens - if at suppliers or the local depot.  Now booked for 23rd of this month.

Mhhhh......watch this space.  :thumbdown:

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HighlandJohn said:

Update on windscreen replacement.

Was told new screen was damaged so Wed appointment postponed until tomorrow [at depot, not 'on-site'] afternoon.  Called to get time and was told 3 pm. All fine, suited me.

Then 5 minutes later I got a call to be told that 2nd screen [from a different supplier] had been damaged also. I'm not sure who's "damaging" these screens - if at suppliers or the local depot.  Now booked for 23rd of this month.

Mhhhh......watch this space.  :thumbdown:

Fills you with confidence that doesn't it! Managed to damage 2 of them already.😁 Good luck John!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Had the new screen fitted yesterday, a date chosen to coincide with my latest hospital visit.
All good and the chap at the Auto Windscreens place couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating.  Warranted against screen or fitting defects for as long as I own the car, apparently.
As an aside, the Struie road which has been closed for nearly 2 months is now open again. On the way south, I came of a downhill section with wide open sweeping curves and spotted a squad of m/bikes heading up in the opposite direction. On one left hand one I encountered a bike on my side of the road, right in the middle. They were well spaced so he couldn't have been trying to catch up with his mates, just inattention I suspect - I think they were foreigners.

I can attest that the brakes and steering on the Lexus are spot on, don't know who got the bigger scare, him or me. I suspect his underwear was in a worse state than mine, though. No video clip or screenshots, as the dash-cam was at home, me having removed it from the old screen ahead of the replacement.....:rolleyes:

Further down on the A9, I passed a string of McLaren P1s heading in the other direction, all of the colours too. I made it a total of c 24 - looked to be heading for the NC500 route. Looks like the silly season is underway already.....:(

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

in case the bill is bigger than expected

The bill is always bigger than you expected. Best of luck!   It's the Lexus motto  -  大きいほど良い    " bigger is better" especially where bills are concerned.

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links