Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX250H Sport Design Speed Camera Warnings

Having just taken delivery of my new UX250H Sport Design, I am just in the process of working my way through the various instrument controls and functions. The vehicle is fitted with the basic 8 inch satellite navigation system which  appears to work quite well, but it does not show speed cameras on the map or give audible alerts for the cameras. I have checked the settings menu which seems quite basic, I could not find an option for speed cameras. I am just wondering if speed cameras are not an option on the basic  8 inch sat-nav. Does anybody with a vehicle fitted with the smaller 8 inch satellite navigation have speed cameras installed on their system?

Thanks.

Mine is a 2022 reg and mine does audio alert when cameras are present. There is also a graphic of a camera on the map. Must be an on/off option I think.

My F Sport Design doesn't show or tell me about speed cameras either, never noticed an option in the menu.

Mine does 12.3” version and I’m sure yours should.  I think from memory you set on the the steering wheel in the settings menu on the dash and not the infotainment screen.  

In mine it's in Menu-Settings-Navigation-Map then scroll down to the bottom and Speed Camera option is there. 

Once selected you will see the Camera Icon on the map. I can't find any options for visual/audio so I get once on you will get both.

Camera setting.jpg

Camera icon.jpg

Thanks to all  for providing some helpful information.

I have tried various options that were available in the Map-Navigation Menu,  unfortunately speed cameras are not listed. I have also tried searching  Navigation settings within the Multi Function Display on the dashboard, but nothing was listed.   The Sat-Nav system on my vehicle appears to be quite basic and does not seem to give the operator a large range of navigation  options to choose from. I think that all of the  older models of the UX  probably had speed camera options installed, but the later UX models fitted with the 8 inch touch screens do not  seem to have that  facility.

map.jpg

If warnings are important to you, both with visual and sound alerts so you can see and hear 100% of what's going on around you, then the Lexus is very poor.

Only a Mazda is first class in this department, and would never make any errors under normal circumstances or receive speeding / red traffic alerts tickets as the sound and visuals are top-notch clearly displayed with full dialogue speech on the approach 

To be perfectly honest my driving is style is quite casual, but I do like to be made aware of speed cameras and red light cameras. My UX is equipped with Android Auto so I will probably be using either Waze or Tom Tom Amigo apps, they both have  audible alerts and show speed cameras / red light cameras. Both Apps provide regular map updates and can be downloaded FOC.

1 hour ago, Lexnew said:

Thanks to all  for providing some helpful information.

I have tried various options that were available in the Map-Navigation Menu,  unfortunately speed cameras are not listed. I have also tried searching  Navigation settings within the Multi Function Display on the dashboard, but nothing was listed.   The Sat-Nav system on my vehicle appears to be quite basic and does not seem to give the operator a large range of navigation  options to choose from. I think that all of the  older models of the UX  probably had speed camera options installed, but the later UX models fitted with the 8 inch touch screens do not  seem to have that  facility.

map.jpg

In CarPlay, they only show up when a destination is set.  Try that.

On 3/27/2024 at 1:22 PM, Lexnew said:

Having just taken delivery of my new UX250H Sport Design, I am just in the process of working my way through the various instrument controls and functions. The vehicle is fitted with the basic 8 inch satellite navigation system which  appears to work quite well, but it does not show speed cameras on the map or give audible alerts for the cameras. I have checked the settings menu which seems quite basic, I could not find an option for speed cameras. I am just wondering if speed cameras are not an option on the basic  8 inch sat-nav. Does anybody with a vehicle fitted with the smaller 8 inch satellite navigation have speed cameras installed on their system?

Thanks.

I remember when first getting my UX I had to pay for Coyote on the Lexus e-store to enable the speed camera notifications, below is a screenshot of the e-store option:

image.thumb.png.63f579aa239262f422754c68912c0890.png

Neil.

image.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links