Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket parts to improve driving and quality of life

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, just wanted to find out if anyone has any aftermarket parts you would recommend to be installed on the IS300H 2016 that would improve the driving and quality of life

currently, I have an aftermarket head unit with wireless apple car play, and is working pretty well

I replaced all interior lights with LEDs, much brighter compared to before

I'm currently looking at potentially replacing / adding

• steering wheel - nothing wrong with the current one, just a bit old and worn 
  • front headlights
  • rear headlights
  • front bumper - I wanted to go for the newer F-sport look, but from what i have seen its a bit too expensive and complicated
  • reverse camera - OEM is rare and expensive compared to an aftermarket camera from China

thanks

3 hours ago, Djiang09 said:

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, just wanted to find out if anyone has any aftermarket parts you would recommend to be installed on the IS300H 2016 that would improve the driving and quality of life

currently, I have an aftermarket head unit with wireless Apple car play, and is working pretty well

I replaced all interior lights with LEDs, much brighter compared to before

I'm currently looking at potentially replacing / adding

• steering wheel - nothing wrong with the current one, just a bit old and worn 
  • front headlights
  • rear headlights
  • front bumper - I wanted to go for the newer F-sport look, but from what i have seen its a bit too expensive and complicated
  • reverse camera - OEM is rare and expensive compared to an aftermarket camera from China

thanks

Add mudflaps to that list if you dont have them already. Its such a life saver in the UK. I havent washed my car since December 😋 and it looks nice and shiny still. From a distance at least. Before the mudflaps the doors would have a much thicker buld up that needed to be washed off more frequently. And it only cost me some £15/20 from Aliexpress fitted them myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 10:21 PM, Notamech said:

Add mudflaps to that list if you dont have them already. Its such a life saver in the UK. I havent washed my car since December 😋 and it looks nice and shiny still. From a distance at least. Before the mudflaps the doors would have a much thicker buld up that needed to be washed off more frequently. And it only cost me some £15/20 from Aliexpress fitted them myself.

@Notamech Did you have to remove the wheels to fit the mudguards? I've got a set that I removed from my siblings' IS before he sold - just haven't had the opportunity to enquire how much it'd cost to have a garage do it.

2 hours ago, Jose DS said:

@Notamech Did you have to remove the wheels to fit the mudguards? I've got a set that I removed from my siblings' IS before he sold - just haven't had the opportunity to enquire how much it'd cost to have a garage do it.

No you do not have to remove the wheels. I did it myself without removing the wheels. 

For the front you can just turn the wheels to one side to make space.

On the rear they do recommend drilling the wheel arch liner to fit one of the screws ( the middle one). If you want to do this then you do need to remove the wheel. I only fit one screw in the hole already in the wheel arch liner ( the top one) using a ratchet ( you can use a spanner too) and the pastic rivet on the underside of the bumper. Its held perfectly well with just these 2 fittings on the rear. I did not drill so didnt need to remove the wheel and i have 18 inch wheels with not much space but still managed it.

Treat yourself to the Lexus door sill light up plates. Also the down projector door lights. Bin off the HIDS and drop in some LED lights. If you have the standard 6 speaker system, which is crap, then get some 6x9's on the parcel shelf and a sub in the boot. 

On 4/12/2024 at 12:51 PM, Notamech said:

No you do not have to remove the wheels. I did it myself without removing the wheels. 

For the front you can just turn the wheels to one side to make space.

On the rear they do recommend drilling the wheel arch liner to fit one of the screws ( the middle one). If you want to do this then you do need to remove the wheel. I only fit one screw in the hole already in the wheel arch liner ( the top one) using a ratchet ( you can use a spanner too) and the pastic rivet on the underside of the bumper. Its held perfectly well with just these 2 fittings on the rear. I did not drill so didnt need to remove the wheel and i have 18 inch wheels with not much space but still managed it.

@Notamech Thanks so much for the reply. Some recommend a clear film be placed on the rear mudflaps as grime might be stuck between the body and the plastic of the mudflap. Did you add this on?

22 minutes ago, Jose DS said:

@Notamech Thanks so much for the reply. Some recommend a clear film be placed on the rear mudflaps as grime might be stuck between the body and the plastic of the mudflap. Did you add this on?

That might be a good idea frankly as dirt can indeed get trapped in between the mudflap and the body in some areas and scratch the paint which might be visible if you remove the mudflaps. I didn't do this though as i plan to keep the mudflaps on for as long as i own the car. If they fall off il replace them.

• Thanks 1

Some things that i bought and i recommend for my 18' IS300H Fsport:

-auto-folding mirrors - you can find it on aliexpress

-tpms display - also on aliexpress works on the Fsport as well

- dynamic tailights - a bit expensive but worth it

- dynamic mirror lights

I also recently purchased some armrest interior lights but i haven't installed them yet. I will put here the links:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004513589132.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.29.21ef1802rEPJoW

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005828708868.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.17.21ef1802rEPJoW

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004418174580.html?src=google&src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=631-313-3945&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&albagn=888888&isSmbActive=false&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&albcp=20011631242&albag=&trgt=&crea=en1005004418174580&netw=x&device=c&albpg=&albpd=en1005004418174580&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8pKxBhD_ARIsAPrG45kQcjWMwXd_ihI_ZyvYKXyIXTICsNqYaa4n1qs39AtXDeysFqOMA5MaAmM2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&aff_fcid=9da7ff73ba6d4390a30a000b6aad4445-1713693764761-09532-UneMJZVf&aff_fsk=UneMJZVf&aff_platform=aaf&sk=UneMJZVf&aff_trace_key=9da7ff73ba6d4390a30a000b6aad4445-1713693764761-09532-UneMJZVf&terminal_id=c657b74173fa4f41b3d09d0366c447d6&afSmartRedirect=y

https://www.inginuity-time.com/products/inginuity-time-led-tail-lights-with-trunk-lamp-for-lexus-2014-2015-is250-2016-2017-is200t-2016-2020-is300-2014-2020-is350-start-up-animation-sequential-facelift-lamps-cannot-fit-is350c-is250c

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links