Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Few questions on new Lexus car re functions and features

I am looking to downsize from an XC60 to an LBX, specifically the Takumi derivative. I test drove a design derivative which does not have some features of a Takumi.

1. What do the steering wheel paddles control in a hybrid with CVT gearbox?

2. If you are a registered user, do you still get the prompts to accept the terms of voice/multimedia, etc on start up?

3. Can you get the car to remember the "hold" function

4. Android Auto is wired only (v wireless CarPlay) ... WTF in car released in 2024???  But I see Toyotas now offer wireless AA and Carplay. How likely will Lexus will push a software update to "fix" this

5. How much better is Lexus matrix headlights (AHS) v the standard LED. ( I currently have matrix headlights on my Volvo)

6. Can you disable to beeping when you lock the car. Really why does it have to beep?

Otherwise ticks a lot if boxes for me (real world 60 mpg achievable v 30 mpg on the Volvo. Obviously not a fair comparison as the XC60 is from a class above, but I don't need a big car anymore.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, WhatNext said:

This topic came up a few days ago on the IS300h forum. I expect the principles are the same. Here are the comments about it.

15 hours ago, WhatNext said:

I am looking to downsize from an XC60 to an LBX, specifically the Takumi derivative. I test drove a design derivative which does not have some features of a Takumi.

2. If you are a registered user, do you still get the prompts to accept the terms of voice/multimedia, etc on start up?

3. Can you get the car to remember the "hold" function

4. Android Auto is wired only (v wireless CarPlay) ... WTF in car released in 2024???  But I see Toyotas now offer wireless AA and Carplay. How likely will Lexus will push a software update to "fix" this

5. How much better is Lexus matrix headlights (AHS) v the standard LED. ( I currently have matrix headlights on my Volvo)

6. Can you disable to beeping when you lock the car. Really why does it have to beep?

Otherwise ticks a lot if boxes for me (real world 60 mpg achievable v 30 mpg on the Volvo. Obviously not a fair comparison as the XC60 is from a class above, but I don't need a big car anymore.

Thanks

Answering on the basis of my NX, I assume it also applies to the LBX…

1. Paddles - fake gears. If I’m going down a steep hill, I can press the left paddle a couple of times and a number appears next to the ‘D’. This gives me engine braking so I don’t accelerate as I go down the hill (also does a great job charging the hybrid battery).

2. No - once you’re logged in, it’ll only appear periodically: after an over the air update, if there’s a change to the t&cs etc. 

3. Sadly not as far as I’m aware.

4. Your guess is as good as mine. Some dealers have said to users here there is an over the air update coming to add it… but I’d take that with a pinch of salt until (if) it finally does appear. 

5. The matrix lights on the NX are great ( I drive 14k miles a year, in all sorts of conditions). Obviously can’t speak to the LBX lights.

6.  You should be able to. If you were hearing 4 beeps on locking the car, it’s a warning to check the rear seats - if you don’t open a rear door during the journey, you won’t get this. It’s basically a warning for “did you put your baby in the back seat, and then forget to take them out again?”. Dealers can change some settings on the car and key, so it may also be something they’ve enabled for their demo car. 

I previously had a Volvo S60 - I would say the Lexus servicing costs are better as they don’t seem to vary as much (ie become so ridiculously expensive as some of the Volvo services were). You may find that the Lexus seats aren’t quite as comfortable though.

My partner has a Yaris, and the LBX is based on the Yaris Cross platform. I quite enjoy driving their car and I’ve found it has plenty power for the motorway (and that’s with a lower output engine in the Yaris). The LBX interior is certainly a very lovely place to be, so if you don’t need the space in the rear seats, possibly a great option!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links