Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of becoming a member of the LC500 club, need help.

Long time admirer but after looking over a few Mercedes S560 Coupe I am now considering the LC as a real alternative, however I have never seen an LC 500 in the flesh and there are none local (Northern Ireland) that I can go and see.  Does any LC 500 owners on here come from Northern Ireland and would you be prepared to allow me to actually look around one?

One other very important question.  I know it is really a two seater but ... would it be considered possible to take two teenage kids for the morning school run, one front passenger and one rear passenger?  That has to be possible now or I will have to wait a few more years.

After everything I have read and watched, I really want to own and use this car instead of the usual fast German lineup.

If I can get a rear facing child seat behind the passenger front you can easily get a teenager in there!

Height is the main issue if you're ~6ft or more and are in the back.

IronLizard, thanks for that.  I know it probably sounds like a stupid question to ask but without actually seeing a car it is very hard to actually know. One of the main reasons I was looking at the S560 instead was because of the larger rear seats.  I think it will work well enough for the kids.

Some other questions to daily drivers of the LC500 ...

1. Do you owners use regular Petrol with Ethanol and does that lower power, or, do you opt for Premium Fuel?

2. Earlier models do not have android auto or apple play but will the phone work via Bluetooth for calls and possibly passing music through?

6 hours ago, Paul29bit said:

1. Do you owners use regular Petrol with Ethanol and does that lower power, or, do you opt for Premium Fuel?

2. Earlier models do not have android auto or apple play but will the phone work via bluetooth for calls and possibly passing music through?

1. The owner manual states 98 or above octane is preferred. But, when it's not available, regular should work too.
2. Yes, you should be able to use Bluetooth for calls and music (only an older model owner without AA or CarPlay can reconfirm this)

11 hours ago, Paul29bit said:

2. Earlier models do not have android auto or apple play but will the phone work via bluetooth for calls and possibly passing music through?

My RCF returns approx 10% better fuel economy on 98 so makes financial sense too, also seems to run better…..

Jgtcracer, that is good to have been confirmed, I figured it would make sense in both ways.  My issue is that locally to me there are very few options.  The best I can guarantee is E5.  I think either Esso or BP still offer premium with no Ethanol but I am not sure which still do.

On 4/16/2024 at 10:43 PM, Jgtcracer said:

My RCF returns approx 10% better fuel economy on 98 so makes financial sense too, also seems to run better…..

Mine is about 6-8% better fuel economy, which offsets the extra cost of Shell V-Power at my local garage. They only add 10p per litre, whilst some bandits at other stations add up to 23p per litre. One cannot normally tell until you get to the pump.

As it is supposed to clean the engine and give a little extra power, I tell my self that it is free performance.

On 4/17/2024 at 1:55 PM, Paul29bit said:

The best I can guarantee is E5.  I think either Esso or BP still offer premium with no Ethanol but I am not sure which still do.

Also, I understand E10 does horrible things to the tank and pipes if you leave it in there partly filled. When laying up my RCF for winter months, I fill it completely with E5 V Power

So as luck would have it, after months of looking to try and see a car in the flesh, a yellow limited edition LC with only 4k miles on it appeared in a not too far away car dealer here in NI.  I called the garage and immediately went to see the car in the flesh as it were.

I did not consider yellow as an option but after seeing it and the matching interior door panels I actually am growing to like it ... I think.  Maybe it is just the car's presence that I was taken by.  It is a lot larger in real life and beautifully proportioned.  The interior really is very special and images do not do it justice at all.

Can I ask what the differences or extras are on a limited edition other than the different colour seats and matching door panels?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links