Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How many have had the 'CANbus fix'?

I thought i'd start a thread based around the CANbus fix through Lexus. 

Personally, i'm very disappointed in Lexus. I know they are not the only manufacture to be troubled by this, however, over the years, I have avoided getting an RX due to CAT thefts, and this is something else which is just tainting the brand. I fully acknowledge that they cannot contact every owner as DVSA do not consider it to be a safety issue, however, they could easily have sent a letter to anyone who has had their vehicle serviced in the last few years with them. 

Annoyingly, this fix is going to be chargeable. If anyone has had it, could they state how much it has cost them? My nearest dealership is an hour away, which means that if this fix is completed, it will take most of the day to complete. 

My concern is, however, that this is still going to have an impact on these cars. Once this fix is put in place, how will an opportunist know it's not worth their time without dismantling your bumper as a fix has been completed? Maybe a window sticker is needed 😉 

• Like 3

I was at the dealer yesterday and the new fix mentioned by Lexus in March is not yet available. (All that there is currently is the RX CANbus plate)

Paul

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Lexus changed the wording in their notice from “April” to “coming weeks”, suggesting an extended wait and longer timeline than originally envisaged. Until the post says a solution is available, and dealerships actually have something to update/install on vehicles affected, the answer to this thread is quite simple: zero and no-one.

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-uk-statement-on-vehicle-theft/?

• Like 2

It's very frustrating. What on earth do they think is going to happen. When people are spending a large amount of money on a car, they are going to want the backup and support of a premium retailer. 'Coming weeks' is just not good enough, i'm sorry. There's no reason why they cannot give an accurate time frame for product delivery. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 10:36 AM, Dylanlewis2000 said:

It's very frustrating. What on earth do they think is going to happen. When people are spending a large amount of money on a car, they are going to want the backup and support of a premium retailer. 'Coming weeks' is just not good enough, i'm sorry. There's no reason why they cannot give an accurate time frame for product delivery. 

There are plenty of reasons why an accurate time frame cannot be given for product delivery.

Delays in R&D, testing, manufacture, international shipping, local distribution, availability of tech to train/instruct on how to install, just to name a few. 
Even with all that sorted you still have the challenge of customer availability too!

• Like 2

I contacted my local dealer a few weeks ago to ask them about getting the fix for our UX300e. They said wait to be contacted by Lexus UK. So this won't be a quick process!

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links