Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do any of you use Lexus Motor Insurance?

Just curious if any of you use Lexus 'official' motor insurance, and what you think of it?

Is the price reasonable for you? It's around 3x for me personally, no claims / 9 years driving so far. 

Do you find the specific benefits worthwhile? Have they ever 'saved' you? E.g. proper repair done or genuine parts without arguing when dealing with a claim etc 

My current and previous NXs have both been insured with Lexus Motor Insurance. I have found them to be quite competitive on price, i.e. matching, or in some cases, being lower than the quotes I received from the usual suspects or the comparison websites (for similar cover; excess; etc.).

Thankfully I haven't had the chance to see how well they respond to a claim yet (famous last words!) but am hopeful that it will be a trouble-free experience. Their promise of authorising repairs at Lexus approved body-shops using genuine Lexus parts is a major plus for me. Also, being associated with the Lexus "brand" must help surely - or am I being naive?

Having said that - if their prices were well over what other insurers were quoting, would I still go with them? Probably not.

I would say however that their customer service when renewing or changing cars in the past has been a little underwhelming. For example my recent renewal quote had my marital status wrong (when it was correct in the previous year) plus they only record you as having 10 years NCB even if you have actually accumulated more (so not sure how that will work if I choose to go somewhere else and need to provide proof of NCB). Hopefully their claims process is a little better. Like you, I'd be interested to hear what others have to say in that regard.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 6:26 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi. 

If you do need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Sorry Dan, wouldn't touch it. Called up Adrian Flux as someone I was involved in an accident with gave me a false insurance company... searched the DB for £10 , found that he was actually insured with yourselves, and it was a total nightmare to find the contact info, then the person on the phone was awfully rude to me.  Thanks but no thanks. 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 10:49 AM, Andy B said:

Their promise of authorising repairs at Lexus approved body-shops using genuine Lexus parts is a major plus for me.

Most insurance companies will also let you choose your own repairer, but usually you will have to pay an additional £200 or so excess.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 7:23 PM, CT200NI said:

Sorry Dan, wouldn't touch it. Called up Adrian Flux as someone I was involved in an accident with gave me a false insurance company... searched the DB for £10 , found that he was actually insured with yourselves, and it was a total nightmare to find the contact info, then the person on the phone was awfully rude to me.  Thanks but no thanks. 

Ok, fair enough.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links