Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RX2024 driver assistance features

I have moved from a 2009 Volvo XC90 to a 2024 RX450+ and having just completed my first longer trip I feel like I’ve been propelled forward from the stone age into the modern era. 

Overall I love the car; it’s so quiet and smooth and I love the adaptive cruise. I did however find the steering inputs and frequent beeps and alerts more distracting than helpful at times.

Some examples are driver attention alerts when I’m looking at the road but it thinks I’m not. E.g rubbed my face with my hand. Others included not seeing a way to dismiss the take a break suggestion which kept flashing up on the hud (prompted I think by me approaching the centre line on twisty roads?) or pushing me back towards a fallen branch I was trying to steer round on a country lane.

Do you just get used to the inputs after a while or have others adjusted settings to find the right level of support? If so, how have you amended the settings? 

I’m aware some settings reset every start up, so it would be great to know what you’ve changed permanently and what you do each time you start up to get the right balance.

If the answer is “you’ll get used to it” then so be it!  I’m also aware the systems are designed to improve safety so am keeping that in mind.

I couldn’t see another thread on this but if there is an older thread that covers it please could someone direct me to it. 

Thanks in advance  

David

Hi, you can tone down and turn off some of the settings like the driver monitor msgs, and turn the volume down on the various beeps and bongs.  Other settings like the speed limit beeping, you need to turn off every time the car starts. I’ve got used to that, just turned the volume of it down to the minimum. If you have radio or music on you barely hear it.

I have a love hate with the lane keep assistance, great on a motorway when on cruise control, poor on other roads where it seems to have a tendency to try and pull you towards the verge or centreline rather than keep you in lane, it’s easily confused so I turn it off. 

Lane change assistance is useless in my view. Adaptive cruise that stops and restarts is great in traffic jams, almost works flawlessly but has a habit of resuming automatically fine then just not doing it anymore, so you have to touch the accel after a while. I can’t fathom why.

my radar cruise also has trouble in the wet, where a light spray seems to make it loose the car in front intermittently.  Very disconcerting.  It’s about to go in for a service and hoping they can fix it.

That is really helpful. Many thanks. I’ve tuned some of the volumes down and will take a look at the driver monitor. I’d keep it on if wasn’t for all the false alarms. 

I found the same with the adaptive cruise. Not sure what the difference is and am sure I haven’t touched the brakes. 

It’s going to be interesting to see how people get on with the new speed limit technology that comes in for new cars from July this year. That takes it to another level. A good thing overall and will probably be viewed in a similar way to seatbelts in retrospect but I can’t imagine the experience of overtaking a car that has been driving slowly but then speeds up suddenly while I’m passing them and then finding I lose power part way through the manoeuvre. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links