Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Braking Power Low Warning - Malfunction

Hi Folks, 

My NX shocked me the second time with the Brake Power Low warning, all the Dash lights came on, it was an array of warnings, there were a couple more about collision detection failure etc, captured the four pics (attached):

The first time this occurred, I took it to a Lexus dealer for diagnosis. They could not pick anything, cleared the codes and advised me to contact them again if the problem recurred.

When it happened first time, my car ran fine after a few minutes of stop/start. Today, the same behaviour, I stopped the car for a couple of minutes, full off/on and it was back on the road. I might have done approximately 600 odd miles since it last happened over a month ago.

During these occurrences, the car brakes lost power (as the dash warning says) and it required much more force on the pedals to slow/stop the car - it is a scary situation, especially as it happened twice during peak traffic times.

Has this occurred to you or can someone shed some light on the already full-lit Dashboard please🙂 before I book another appointment? Lexus dealer is miles away but have a Toyota dealer much closer - not sure if they will check this one.

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

dash-warn.jpg

1 hour ago, Alan Thompson said:

I've read before where multiple warnings can be the symptom of a 12v battery on its way out. It's worth checking the health of that battery?

Hi @Alan Thompson - thank you, I will get it checked. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links