Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I had the above fitted by my dealer from new when picking up my vehicle. That was almost two years ago, and not sure how long the SD card actually lasts?

The current card is obviously a Nextbase original, and 32gb, which gives 2 hours recording with front and rear cameras.

Whilst a replacement Nextbase SD card, 32gb is now about £20, I can get a Sandisk equivalent at 64 or 128 both cheaper than the Nextbase one.

So I ask the question, has anyone used an alternative card, and any comments on the results ?

35 minutes ago, larryadler said:

I had the above fitted by my dealer from new when picking up my vehicle. That was almost two years ago, and not sure how long the SD card actually lasts?

The current card is obviously a Nextbase original, and 32gb, which gives 2 hours recording with front and rear cameras.

Whilst a replacement Nextbase SD card, 32gb is now about £20, I can get a Sandisk equivalent at 64 or 128 both cheaper than the Nextbase one.

So I ask the question, has anyone used an alternative card, and any comments on the results ?

You can’t use a cheap card in a dashcam. I tried and it failed very quickly. You need an “endurance” card that’s rated for dashcams - as they are continuously writing and overwriting video files. You’ll find cheaper options than nextbase cards but you’ll want to get something like the sandisk high or max endurance cards.

I bought a 64gig Sandisk extreme pro 2 years ago and have used that with no problem. As has been said main thing is a fast reliable card. Sandisk make a range of cards and I would probably go for an extreme or extreme pro.

23 hours ago, larryadler said:

I was advised to reformat mine on a regular basis, the card in my Nextbase (same as yours ) is working fine, so I try to do it monthly

I've used the sandisk extreme for 4 years and test every now and again by downloading and scrolling through the captured data.  Seams to be fine. What isn't is the little supercapacitor in the camera.  It practically died after 12 months and needs to be plugged in for powering up.  It used to hold just enough charge to scroll through the menu when first setting it up but not now.  Could do with a new 'lytic cap as the original ought to have lasted at least 5 years but not opening it up to replace it, as the camera works fine when powered via ignition circuit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links