Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Drivers seat foam deterioration

Hi,

I have noticed the foam on my NX300H is deteriorating. 

The right-side raised pad on the driver's bottom seat pad looks like it's collapsed and can only get worse.

Is this normal for this to happen?

I bought it used this year but it's still under Lexus Warranty. However there's a question mark from the dealer over whether it's covered. I trust it is especially a Lexus warranty.

Any thoughts appreciated .

Thanks 

The offside driver's bolster gets sat on each time someone gets in or out, it's usual for the bolster to show creases and signs of being squashed. It could be argued it's wear and tear, so not covered by warranty, the car is 9yrs old..

Thanks. 

That's what I expect them to say.

But not what I expect in a car I've had for 4 months with a full warranty 

It's why I bought my first Lexus based on service and reputation.  I'll see what happens 

Hi

You haven't mentioned what mileage is on the car. 

The previous owner(s) may have been on the heavier side. Agree it is disappointing to have a premium brand car with a seat issue. 

The Lexus warranty is quite good but it does have a lot of exceptions to what you might expect to be covered. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Loosecanons said:

Hi,

I have noticed the foam on my NX300H is deteriorating. 

The right-side raised pad on the driver's bottom seat pad looks like it's collapsed and can only get worse.

Is this normal for this to happen?

I bought it used this year but it's still under Lexus Warranty. However there's a question mark from the dealer over whether it's covered. I trust it is especially a Lexus warranty.

Thanks 

I think the seats are the same on the NX as the IS. If so, the non F sport seats all seem to suffer from some compression of the drivers seat base side bolster (the passenger side probably would too but usually used much less). If you look at photos of used cars you will see this is very common with some creasing in the leather. On my car it has some creasing on the bolster but it's been like that for many years and miles - my IS is a 2014 and done 146k miles. It was like it after a few years but hasn't got any worse for years. There are ways to tighten the leather that a car upholsterer could advice on and may help. 

13 hours ago, Loosecanons said:

Does seem unusual for total collapse, but try this chap - https://carseatrepair.co.uk/   

About hour and half from your neck of the woods.

Mentions Lexus as work he has done.

Having had two LS in past even at 20+ years the foam was fine (where as my Dads 20yr old Peugeot was total shot in the bum area)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links