Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

NX350h headlight adjustment (European driving)

I'm new to this group and I'm sure this topic has already been covered so apologies if that's the case.  I'm planning to take my NX350 on the continent later this year.  I'm working on the assumption the headlights will NOT need adjusting as long as I keep the automatic main beam feature off.  The Service Manager at my local Lexus dealership was not able to confirm if this was the case and suggested putting stickers on the headlights (as in days gone by) which I found hard to believe given all the tech built in to the Lexus.  Any replies most welcome.  Thanks

Hi and welcome to the group. I have driven in France using the AHB and found that the car automatically adjusted the beam to suit the traffic. I did ensure that the car ‘knew’ it was not in the UK by changing the speed settings to km/h (don’t think it matters to the headlights 😀)

I'm not impressed by any Lexus employee that doesn't know their product well enough to give confident, accurate advice on such matters. I bought a car in the States and the Sales Team had racks of VHS tapes (yes it was a while ago!) that they used for training every day. They knew their vehicles inside out.

I've not driven on the continent so I'll leave others to give a definitive answer. I agree that changing to km/hr will likely be useful in keeping to the speed limits but it's not going to affect the lights. More likely that the car will know where it is from its onboard GPS and make appropriate changes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Suffolk John said:

planning to take my NX350 on the continent l

5 hours ago, Suffolk John said:

assumption the headlights will NOT need adjusting

We have been many times to europe in last 15 years with Rx400h and Rx450h  and did not need to adjust the headlights. Lexus Customer service  confirmed our  Lexus were fitted with "HID headlamps which emit a horizontal flat beam and therefore does not dazzle the drivers of oncoming cars". I assume nowadays all Lexus are fitted with such headlights. If you want  peace of mind maybe double check with Lexus Customer Relations and carry a copy of their email reply to show anyone if required 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links