Sign in to follow this  
BillyAckers

Is200se Brake Query

***Extreme Newbie to the site so PLEASE go easy !!!***

I have recently purchased some new pads for all round my 02 plate is200se. I have read the instructions posted under the 'knowledge' section of the group and many thanks to those who have offered their advice.

I have done many brake pads, disc, caliper etc changes on everything from a mini to a porsche in the past but want to make sure I aint gonna boo boo my precious lexus !!!!

I opened the box of replacement parts today and to my surprise I have one box complete with what I class as 'normal' sized pads and a smaller box containing 4x 'small' or half size ?? pads ???

I havent yet dropped the wheels off so I may be asking a totally dumb Q here ... but do I have the right parts !!!

Any help gratefully received

Yours brakingly virginal !!!

Billy

yes mate you have the right parts, if you have done other cars thay are very easy to change. ;)

and welcome to the club mate ,you from manchester do you want to come and meet us on the 13th ( manchester meet ?)

Welcome :)

Sounds like you have the right bits, the rear brakes aren't that big

WOW

Im gob smacked with your responses... not because I have the right parts, but because a) I got a resaponse and B) everyone seems friendly !!!!

Thanks for the invite to the get together, however I am already booked out that night. Wouldve been good though.

Im gonna paint the calipers whilst I have the wheels off... I have read on the forums that Hammerite seems ok to use, however, where can I buy the caliper stickers from ???

Thanks

Billy

hi mate we have changed the meet to thursday now if you still want to come ? what colour stickers you want ? or you can get them from steve (admin) or scott but he is on holiday.

When painting the calipers you need Hammerite "smooth"..

unless you want your brakes to look like they have been hit all over with a hammer :P

Ok thanks for the sticker advice and all the feedback. Currently in London and wont be back in time for the meet. Always next time !

I will ensure I use 'Smooth' Hammerite.... gonna give the fluorescent green a miss though !!!

lexusownersclub.co.uk/merchandise

Welcome to the club, click on the link above and you will find what you need

Hi,

I wish to buy a set of caliper stickers too.

My questions is : does the price (10 pound/$15,US dollar I assume)including postage worldwide?

b/c I am in Australia.

many thanks

SSML

I DID IT !

I painted my calipers red and they look GREAT !!!! Much to the disillusionment of my missus ... but hey.... she's a girl and doesnt understand !!!

Thanks for the help chaps, now... who was it messaged me about caliper stickers.....