Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turnos out its already got Eibach springs on it after all. Had it two days .... first impressions?!

To be honest I really like it, it just couldnt be any more different than the Skyline but thats not a bad thing. I loved the Skylines power and looks but they were also its downfall on the road. The triple plate clutch was just a nightmare to use at times and the car was so low you had to watch ever bump in the road.

The Lex is great, for the first time in years I actually went out a drive and came back more relaxed than when I had left, thats simple something that would not happen in the Skyline :lol:

Lex gets a lot of looks as well especially with the big rims which surprised me as well oh and for the first time in ages I can put a CD on and actually hear it, the sound system is excellent B)

Put up a couple of pics, old and new.

The Old

Hang on will need to upload some pics :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Quality m8 :D

They look great together both in silver as well, nice one.

I was up at Crail racing today, putting the new driver through his paces in the Skyline and driving the 700BHP MR2 drag car ..... thats a bloody handfull but good fun, it ran a 11.1 today.

Should have cracked 10s but it was just to damn slippy, it never had a full run that we didnt have to back off because the tail end was snaking in 4th.

I will try and get some pics up sharp style, need to get the wife onto the job ;) she is more computer literate than me :P

I was up early to Crail, the journey to it is quite twisty so it gave me a chance to put the Lex through its paces. I found with the stability control off and the gearbox in 4 not D it was quite responsive and moved out well at the rear.

Unfortunatly I came up behind a seat cupra, two young guys with two girls in the back. They decided to up the pace a bit and the GS was well up for the task, unfortunatly however the driver of the Cupra was not ......

I knew he was going to loose it before he did so backed off but unfortunatly this just seemed to egg him on more. Inevitably it happened and he highsided the car on a s-bend, after playing pinball with the verges and totalling the car (he was lucky it never rolled) he came to rest.

Fortunatly everybody was ok but it was a lucky escape for them, just basically the driver overestimating his own ability and that of the car, shame none the less.

I guess he was baseing his speed on the fact that I was still with him so obviously he could go faster :whistling: , I guess we all have to learn the hard way sometimes.

Must admit the Lex is growing on me more and more, its not a sportscar in any shape or form but it is enjoyable to drive. Finding it hard to find fault with it, it does what it was designed to do very well indeed.

It doesn't take much to make it a sports car - just coilovers, anti-rolls & strut braces. Soon as I have some spare pocket money I'll be buying all that stuff, although I'll only get the real advantage a few days a year on the track.

Marc, I know what you mean about not sports but great Fun,

I like mine more and more, It needed a Rad the other day, and I was quite upset about it been off the road for a day, while I got the rad re cored.

It fine now, Went to Japfest at Santa pod, good, day out,

nigel

The Pod was great, Andys 9.68 second 1/4 mile was very impresive, his car goes well,

I was going to Run my Skyline but I was having clutch probs so I didnt, bother,

I have gone for OS Geiken, R3C, Tripple with the movment kit,

I still have one eye out for a V300 Twin turbo as that would be my ideal Lexus, I just need a bit more power.

I am looking at Stoptec brake kits for the Skyline, they also do a kit for the GS, they are sensable money, and If I got a V300 I could take them to that car too

Stop tech

Nigel

As for long drives I drove to Newquea in the GS, I only had to stop for Petrol and a Pee, (10 mins) and it was 420 Miles, I did drive through the night, and it was great.

I would have rather flown as it is only 1.5 Hours in the Gazelle!

• 5 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links