Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

The Front N/S Speker, started making funny clicking noises, and the radio went real quiet.

I messed about for a bit and discovered that when I accelerated it got lowder.

Then I parked up and there was a crack, I looked accross at the speaker and there was purple smoke coming from the grill.

I removed the door card to investgate, I removed the speaker and it smelt of Burnt electronices, I did think it was the Capasitor for tweeter but that is fine, so I think it was a problem in coil for the speaker.

I went to Halfords and they sell some speakers that would fit but they are the wrong impedance. What are my options ?

I didnt fancy changing the whole system to 4 Ohm.

Are second hand front speakers avalble etc ?

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

I'll be changing my whole speaker set up at the end of this week, mine are all OK, you have have them when I'm finished if you so wish.

Not sure if you'rs are then same or not, I'lve got a MK I, not sure.

BR

Paul

Now that would hurt!! :D

Just had a bloke call me, cause he's buying my old Lex from a garage. Just wanted to know a little of it's history.

He said "the wheels are good aren't they?"

I said "good suppliers! You have to know the right people!"

Any bigger yet? B)

New door speakers are now fitted Nigel,

It's amazing the difference in sound. Alot - I mean alot - more bass is now coming out of these and the sound is more clear'r than before but not surprising when you consider the orginal's are only 15W 4 Ohm. B)

• 5 months later...

So the pioneer speakers in a gs300 mk1 are only 15w 4 ohms, is that right? I've had a rear one blow on me, well actually theres no resistance across it and on closer inspection the wires on the front of it are green and have crumbled away under the black supposedly protrective coating. So i'm planning on replacing it, does anyone know how much they cost from my good ol' lexus dealer, or would it be best just to buy a pair of new 10cm ones for the rear doors, will this have any adverse effects on my amp? I know i've got to match the impedance, but would 20w speakers with a max of 100w work ok, or blow my amp?

It won't blow the amp but will cause it to shutdown sooner than normal due to the temp reg, adding this much extra draw on the amp will cause it to get hot a bit quicker. When I checked the price for Lexus and just getting the closest size after-market ones, the price difference meant I could get another amp and speakers for the same price as the lexus ones, if one speaker has given, the cjanges are the others will soon follow. As for the wiring, this would depend on thier enviroment. Can't remember the correct size of the org speakers but I think the closest match was 6.5" with some minor modding on the speaker enclosures.

Hope this Helps

BR

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links