Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First 19 Days Of Ownership

Hello,

Today is our 19th day with our new SE Navigator and we've just gone through 1400 miles, a trip from Herts to Cornwall and back being the majority of this.

First thoughts are that the car has delivered what it promised - a fantastic ride, quiet ambience and generally an understated air of luxury. Cruising at 80 mph and only 2,250 revs was a revelation. The power back door has probably been the biggest surprise - I originally thought this was a bit of a gimmick but when you're running back to the car in the rain absolutely essential! The parking camera too proved invaluable when manouevering in small, busy carparks.

The only downsides are the floor mounted parking brake (hate it), the fact that the fuel guage warning light only comes on when there are very few miles left (I've only let this happen once because the trip computer said there was only 10 miles left!), and what seems to be an out of date SatNav disk (it didn't recognise the M6 Toll Road!). Does this seem normal to you experienced users?

Cheers,

Jon

the fact that the fuel guage warning light only comes on when there are very few miles left

I find that hard to believe. How much fuel did it take to fill it up again? Normally there is something like 15 litres left in the tank when the warning light comes on.

Thanks for replies to date.

Just did a fill-up this afternoon. Trip computer read 21 miles remaining, fuel warning light was not on and I filled up with 58 litres. Once full it said 307 miles remaining and previous consumption reading was 23.2 mpg. There's definitely something screwy with the calibration somewhere, probably the trip computer??? Anyone else with the same issue (problem)?

Thanks,

Jon

No problem with the fuel gauge as I fill it up when below 1/4. Once got light on in France when waiting for a cheap filling station to come up on toll motorway but didn't notice how low it was. I'm now used to foot-hand brake but heart stopping on very steep inclines. Even new dvd's can be 12 months behind by the time they are compiled & issued. I do think that like software these dvd's should be upgradeable and not have to be bought as new. Had mine 16 months now and it still feels fabulous.

The trip computer uses info from the last few tanks. If it goes to 0 and you continue to use more fuel the next time it will be more accurate and read 0 when it reaches the same level again.

If you manage to do 360 miles on the tank full and the fuel computer is reading 0 then when you fill up the mileage remaining will then read 360 miles.

Thanks for replies. If I understand you correctly Colin, I should ignore the trip computer initially and try and run down to empty as close as possible in order for it to calibrate correctly.

Still seems a bit strange though....

Cheers,

Jon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links