Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks for your kind words guys - I really love the car, and its nice to hear you guys like it too :)

sorry for not replying, have been tied up with some other things.

To answer some of the questions;

Mat - Deliberately included that picture to see who would pic up on the head growing from the wing mirror! :lol: its just some random women pushing her pram past as I took the photo. :blush:

Aido - bugroff. The PC for the V8 is not a fair swap! :lol::lol:

SteveAX - no worries on the kit mate. Have bought the kit, still looking for someone to fit it. Waiting for the Road Angel 2 to arrive, as I want that hard-wiring in at the same time.

Alex - Col and I are more twin like than that mate. :blush: Same exterior and interior colur combination. We'll both have to go to a meet at the same time to prove its not the same car! :lol:

Chris - yeah that was what the mats were for mate. Wasn't it a bit of a a giveaway when I ordered them :D

The car is not new, its used :blush:

Tried to order a new one, and the delivery window was 16 weeks, for the colour combination I wanted, and nav / ML. I think they basically make them to order. :crybaby: . This was no good, as I needed to change with about 4-6 weeks.

Having tried to order a new GS430, I decided to look at the used ones, when the Lexus dealer rang me up and made me a killer offer on a new GS300 Sport. He had been talking to Lexus GB to see what they had lying around.

The GS300 was a mis-order, and was sitting in storage at Lexus GB.

The dealer was able to get me this car, brand new GS300 Sport with Nav, less than 100 miles on it, for £28,500.

Sold!

Went down and completed all the paperwork, paid deposit etc etc.

Was at home looking at insurance when the dealer rang up.

Everything was going great until they got to the bit where they were taking it out of storage to go on the transporter, when they realised there was no car there. :crybaby:

It had been sold a while back, and the computer had not been updated, so it was shown as in stock :crybaby:

So back to lexus.co.uk looking for used GS430's.

Found this one in Nottingham, went to see it and for a test drive, and loved it. Bought it then and there, and picked it up a week later!

Credit must also be given to Steve for coming up with the plate.

I had decided to put a private plate on whatever I got, and was gonna get L3X MM. This was available for ages - but I never got it.

Then when I got the car, and went to order the plate - it had gone (anyone on here take it?).

Spent ages trying to come up with a new one, and then one night Steve and I were chatting about it on MSN, and he had the idea.

So nice work Stevo :winky:

Nice one Matt, worked out well in the end :)

Saw a GS430 today actually, first one I've seen for ages!

If you're ever up Notts way again give me a yell and if I'm free (which isn't that much lately) I'll pop over :) Did you buy it from the dealers? If so, did you see Faye or Beth? Grrrrrrrrr :lol:

If you're ever up Notts way again give me a yell and if I'm free (which isn't that much lately) I'll pop over :) Did you buy it from the dealers? If so, did you see Faye or Beth? Grrrrrrrrr :lol:

Never realised you were in Notts mate :blush:

Made arrangements to meet up with Zee on the day, but he had to pull out.

May be back in Notts soon. Debating going back to Tint R for tints.

Not sure with these new laws whether its worth it or not though :crybaby:

Did get it from the dealers - went twice, and there were different young ladies on reception, don ;t know there name though.

I know they read the forums though - so Faye and Beth, Aido in the granite sky IS fancies you :winky: .

Lets see if that gets you a nice welcome next service mate ;)

Nice idea...but the space outside my house is FULL with his Cossie and we have to swap spaces everytime he goes out,i cant remember the last time i got right outside the house.

Cosworth outside the house and the Lex down the road?

:blink::blink:

thats not right Pete - you'll have to have a word with him :lol::lol:

:lol: @ Matt, it's not the receptionists I'm on about, but there's a cracking red head on reception there, she came out with one of the best lines ever when dealing with an irate customer - "Yes I can understand you're upset when it's an expensive car - I've only ever had £500 bangers but I'd be upset too" - sheer class, I ****** myself on the way home!

Definitely recommend Tint-R - they did my tints at new years, excellent quality :)

Definitely recommend Tint-R - they did my tints at new years, excellent quality :)

they did my Is a few years back mate.

its not the quality of their work thats stopping me, its the risk of being pulled and having to remove em :unsure:

wouldn't be too dark anyway (last set was old legal limit). just mentally weighing up the pros and cons at the mo

Pros - you'll look like a pimp and women will want to, erm, give you sexual favours.

Cons - see above.

Is that the phone I hear ringing at Tint-R now?

I haven't been stopped yet and mine are 50% - saying that though I see no end of cars driving about nowadays with limo tints all round, that's OTT but if they're not stopping them either, you've got to be really unlucky to get pulled over. Saying that in your car they may think you're a drug dealer or something!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links