Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:tsktsk: They say things happen in 3's!! Ive just had my 3rd minor incident in my 5 months old RX within a short space of time.. The first a small dent, the second a scrape (both done by myself), and the third- coming back to my 4x4 to see the wing mirror glass smashed and no note left Grrrrrrrrr! The smashed glass was not really the problem, as called my local LEX dealer and for £200 replaced and fitted.. The main problem was behind the exterior mirror where there is an anti-fogging gel which stops the glass ever misting up. This brown liquid gel had run down the side of my car under the wing mirror and splashed on the door as i drove it to the garage. At the time i asked the service dept. to try and get this off with some polish and thought nothing of it. Then the service manager came out to say it would not come off and the whole side will need to be resprayed.. I couldnt believe this and was gutted!! He told me this shouldnt happen and is going to ring LEX GB to try and get this cost of respraying paid for by them..

So if anyone else knocks there mirror and smashes the glass then put some tissues underneath the mirror to prevent this gel running on your car.

Thnx and look forward to any replies.

Talk about being stupid which I felt I was, but I didn't know. On the RX300SE-L the wing mirrors kept dipping when in reverse to enable sight of the kerb. What I didn't know, but do now, is that if the left/right wing miror selector switch is left on in the right/left position the mirrors will dip, but if the switch is returned to the central (neutral) position they don't.

Oh the wonders of the modern motor car.

Realspeed

I had a E class before my Lex, and my mirrors didn't retract automatically, had to press button on console!

Must just be the latest ones then.

My parents have the latest shape E-class which retracts them automatically after you get out of the car.

br

D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links