Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Pod Ideas For Creative People

my plans lean more to this vaistech unit.

full integration with the nav screen and steering wheel controls, and the ipod itself is not visible, and would not need to be hidden everytime you leave the car.

oooooo thats pretty, altho im not sure if that would work with the IS200 - am guessing no at the min

I send a mail to the tech support of Vaistech today - nice people but I didn't like their answer:

Unfortunately we don't sell outside of US. Regarding whether it is going to work we haven't tested any of the European cars.

The first part might not be a problem for some of us but as long as there is no positive feedback from american IS300 owners (I hope the audio unit is the same as ours) I won't risk to spend the money - it's not that cheap unfortunatly :blush:

it seems that they dont want to officialy endorse fitting them into a car as this is a home consumer unit.

They like the idea of the projects but will not put too money to it but have offered to provide full technical support to any potential instalation probs. hadnt given it any thought since the car crash until today realy.

http://www.123macmini.com/news/story/19.html

also check out this instalation in an IS300 in america.

He is using the high grade Mac Cameras for reversing use and anything else you need, aparently you can have up to 10 of them plugged in at any one time via the fire wire.

After testing the camera in the mac store in regent street it is of astonishing quality and would make a realy good "touring car" style camera angles on a track day etc

Once i have my install sorted i will consider starting the project. too much to start at the min as the WHOLE car is getting done all at once now.

interior goes off next monday, re-instalation of polished and supercharger kit, respray in 2 weeks, re-tinting, wheels re-coating, vibe instal in boot, new head unit instalation. far too many things to be honest but i need the car to be at HIN (hot import nights)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links