Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Eibach Springs On Is300

Mr Morse

Just had a set of Eibach springs fitted to my IS300 (thanks to Dave of ProLex for good price and very rapid delivery).

Visually the Lex looks lower at the front than the back, but overall is a big improvement. I am running 18" x 7.5J rims with 225 x 40 Pirelli P-Zero Rosso's and there is no rubbing even at full lock.

I haven't taken her on any rough roads yet but on a smooth surface she immediately feels more stable. There is virtually no increase in firmness of the ride; in fact I would say it feels slightly softer, but there is a big decrease in roll around corners and the back end feels less twitchy.

I had it done at tunemycar.com at Chilwell nr Nottingham. It was the first IS they'd done the springs on and it took them some time since they had to remove the entire trunk liner. Cost was £240 + VAT but I had some other things done at the same time. Here is their link:

Tunemycar.com

I'll leave it to settle for a couple of weeks and then have the geometry done.

This is a great way to improve the looks and handling of the IS300 all in one go! 5/5 value for money.

Yeah I'd recommend the roll bars first too like Dave, big improvement on the handling so then you can think about increasing the performance with the manifold and cat :)

Seems expensive for the fitting though - did you try Lexus Nottingham to see how much they'd have charged though?

No did'nt try Lexus Nottingham for a quote....taken enough of my money already!

But I have detected a small knock coming from somewhere close to my right knee, so it'll have to go back to the fitter for some investigation. Had a Typhoon fitted at the same time as the Eibach's, could be something a bit loose there.

Off to Nottm Lexus tomorrow to have ONE 18" alloy replaced and take up the issue of my ****ty bumpers. Watch this space.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links