Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Anti-chip Paint

Well the car is booked in for a service and I am going to bring up the paint quality with them...

I just noticed whilst looking through the car features that there is "anti-chip paint"... does this come as standard or is it an optional extra (was never told about it if it is an extra...)

Anyone ?

Well the car is booked in for a service and I am going to bring up the paint quality with them... 

I just noticed whilst looking through the car features that there is "anti-chip paint"... does this come as standard or is it an optional extra (was never told about it if it is an extra...)

Anyone ?

anti chip paint ( yeah right ) and the styling kit i have got from lexus is fading a bit as well! :angry:

i was never told 6 months ago!

Anti chip paint is only on door bottoms below bumper. Bit of a pain as the bonnet picks up most of the abuse. If you look closely, the door bottoms have a slight orange peel effect. This is a property of the anti chip paint so I am told...

Anti chip paint is only on door bottoms below bumper. Bit of a pain as the bonnet picks up most of the abuse. If you look closely, the door bottoms have a slight orange peel effect. This is a property of the anti chip paint so I am told...

I notices the effect on the bottom of the sills, but the Lexus picture shows it as being on the wings and bonnet

antichip.jpg

Oh is that why the bottoms of the doors look like that? I always wondered why the paintwork down there looked a bit dodgy :blink:

Yeah - I reckon the pic of the bonnet and wings is a sales pitch there. I enquired specifically about this paint when buying the car last year. All have the anti chip paint as standard, but on door bases only. Not on wings or bonnet as the elastic property of the paint looks slightly orange peel like.

BTW Jiberjaber - love the Mr Bling thing. Very impressive!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
No it's a case for your local Lexus dealer to get it fixed under warranty...........

Well the car's in there now, had a call back from them and although they have asked their warentee people, the first responce from them has been a big no for a warrenty people. I think I am going to print out the page from teh spec and take it in when I go to collect the car this afternoon.

This'll be interesting to see if they concede on the warranty - I'll open the floodgates to half the users on this board.....

I dont think it will hapen myself, the warentee excludes stone chips, but I am so peeved that the car just seems to scratch itself every time I look at it! I might see if I can scratch the paint whilst there with my fingernail like I managed to do the other week when I was washing it!.

They do fix under warranty, bumper is recognised by Lexus GB and will be painted / replaced. Bonnet and top of wings needs digital photos from the dealer to Lexus GB, then they will inspect the car and may send out a paint expert before sanctioning respray of same. The sort of thing they are looking for is the paint lifting around the chips ;)

They do fix under warranty, bumper is recognised by Lexus GB and will be painted / replaced. Bonnet and top of wings needs digital photos from the dealer to Lexus GB, then they will inspect the car and may send out a paint expert before sanctioning respray of same. The sort of thing they are looking for is the paint lifting around the chips ;)

Yep, just got back and they have indeed taken photos and will investigate accordingly and let me know, one of the guys mentioned that it was common with the '51 plates but he hadn't had this problem with any of the newer ones.

I will wait and see what happens.

I had terrible stone chipping on the front of my GS430 sport and the spoiler lost virually all it's paint.

They said they would only do the spoiler as"ther chips n the bonnet were normal" they eventually agreed ( after contacting Lexus GB and threatening them with another wriet up in Autocar) to get the stone chip man in to do it but I sold the car before he was involved! The dealer even said "They are all like that" and "it's the way your driving it" which made me more angry.

My Merc has done a similar mileage and only has a few marks from this last stretch of winter and the large pebbles they call gritting on the M1.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links