Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Mouse Is Sick....

Tony, that program you download from NTL's website auto configures everything for you .......... erm, I will try and log in with an anonymous account if possible .........

Failing that, you will have to rng ntl (0800 052 2000) and ask them to give you:

FTP Domain name:

FTP Login:

FTP Password:

Then PM me those details, so I can log in from here, and just urn everything off to a CD!

Hope that helps ....... cheers.

Tony, that program you download from NTL's website auto configures everything for you .......... erm, I will try and log in with an anonymous account if possible .........

Failing that, you will have to rng ntl (0800 052 2000) and ask them to give you:

FTP Domain name:

FTP Login:

FTP Password:

Then PM me those details, so I can log in from here, and just urn everything off to a CD!

Hope that helps ....... cheers.

i will pm you with what i have? thanks for your help. in advance of that offer to have the site on cd, i have done some corrections within the drift section and re-uploaded the site, that way the cd will be spot on for me.. "but" worried again as i was watching the files upload i noticed "findwebhosts.com" in the files???? i have never heard/ seen/ or used findwebhosts.com so how the **** did they get into my site, and to what end? i'v tested the site and fwh is not visable so what is the point, sorry for all the questions but the 100s of hours that went into WIM i cannot do again.

i will pm you with what i have? thanks for your help. in advance of that offer to have the site on cd, i have done some corrections within the drift section and re-uploaded the site, that way the cd will be spot on for me.. "but" worried again as i was watching the files upload i noticed "findwebhosts.com" in the files???? i have never heard/ seen/ or used findwebhosts.com so how the **** did they get into my site, and to what end? i'v tested the site and fwh is not visable so what is the point, sorry for all the questions but the 100s of hours that went into WIM i cannot do again.

Tony, PM me with what ever you have, login / username / password wise.

I'll have a look, however I feel that "findwebhosts.com" is some kind of ad/spyware that has infested into your pc ....... not good, probably not "harmfull" as such ... but it will be more annoying, when they keep popping up.

Let me know when your also ready for a new pc, we'll get you one fixed up online.

Cheers.

Tony, PM me with what ever you have, login / username / password wise.

I'll have a look, however I feel that "findwebhosts.com" is some kind of ad/spyware that has infested into your pc ....... not good, probably not "harmfull" as such ... but it will be more annoying, when they keep popping up.

Let me know when your also ready for a new pc, we'll get you one fixed up online.

Cheers.

New pc, any time soon.. all i need is the tower, not all singing and dancing, what sort of money do you think the cost will be?

It would be easier if you told me what your max budget is ........ I'll shop around for the most decent computer for you mate ........ no probs.

Ok let me level with you, at this point my budget is £0, last year i lost my wifes income thanks to the big "C" she is ok now but i'm playing the game of financial catch up, on top of that i have been off work for the last mounth with a crushed hand ( please dry eyes ) on that note you can understand why my computer issues are so importent, if i have an idea how much i need to pay i can save up the money, once my site is safe i "will" wipe the hard disc and hope for the best but i know good bad or sad WIN98 wont last these days..

It would be easier if you told me what your max budget is ........ I'll shop around for the most decent computer for you mate ........ no probs.

Ok let me level with you, at this point my budget is £0, last year i lost my wifes income thanks to the big "C" she is ok now but i'm playing the game of financial catch up, on top of that i have been off work for the last mounth with a crushed hand ( please dry eyes ) on that note you can understand why my computer issues are so importent, if i have an idea how much i need to pay i can save up the money, once my site is safe i "will" wipe the hard disc and hope for the best but i know good bad or sad WIN98 wont last these days..

I have your complete site now backed up to my HD mate, you have a PM.

I have your complete site now backed up to my HD mate, you have a PM.

Just goes to show how the LOC members help, "trust" is somthing you cannot buy it's somthing that grows, LOC has a solid foundation.

Just goes to show how the LOC members help, "trust" is somthing you cannot buy it's somthing that grows, LOC has a solid foundation.

Tony, I'm glad I have been able to help you, your right - trust isn't something you can buy. :)

Your more than welcome ;)

WIM if you have a malicious email attachment in your mailbox (and you havent managed to detect it using a virus checker) then opening the attachement again will re-infect you system, however you should put an email scanner soon as possible to protect against this :)

It makes me so angry, i know how to ban email but the next one that comes has a new address rather than !£!"$"^& it's ()(&*&^%& see my point how can i ban that sort of sender?

WIM if you have a malicious email attachment in your mailbox (and you havent managed to detect it using a virus checker) then opening the attachement again will re-infect you system, however you should put an email scanner soon as possible to protect against this :)

It makes me so angry, i know how to ban email but the next one that comes has a new address rather than !£!"$"^& it's ()(&*&^%& see my point how can i ban that sort of sender?

I use Mailwasher, Free download Once set up detects poss virus and uses Spam cop data bank of blacklisted spammers.

You can open any Email with it without downloading it to your inbox by right clicking

on the email you are not to sure about.Thus saving a lot of grief at a later date

If you have got Norton and it's set up right it should do it all for you. Do you pay an annual subscription on it and update it regularly ( or auto Live Update ) ? If not then use Mailwasher as pete suggests above and anything you are not sure of delete it ( you can see those with attachments ).

been reading this, i wouldnt bother with norton at all, it doesnt detect a lot of viruses, tests have shown this, and i have experienced it first hand, get something like kaspersky Dr. web, or pc-cillin from trend they always score highly and kaspersky updates the database every hour.

Eg, i KNOW i had a virus on the machine, did a live update etc scanned every ssingle file and it found nothing at all.

tried another scanner and it found 2 keyloggers and a trojan - norton = useless.

I use Mailwasher, Free download Once set up detects poss virus and uses Spam cop data bank of blacklisted spammers.

You can open any Email with it without downloading it to your inbox by right clicking

on the email you are not to sure about.Thus saving a lot of grief at a later date

Thanks to Scarface now my site is safe on a cd, if i download "Mailwasher" will that only protect new mail or will it also scan whats in my inbox

Can't believe I've missed this thread - last time I looked it was about a new mouse!! :blink:

Now its Viruses/Spyware! :shutit:

Yep.... Mailwasher looks good.

Since you can read all your email on the server before it gets to your computer, you'll be better informed about your messages. Bogus links are displayed, you can see who the message is really from, check to see if that email really is a virus or a scam, and shield yourself from offensive pictures.

From the quote it seems like it will only protect you from new infections.

Regarding your exisiting PC, do you know the specification of it? You may not need a new one if a simple upgrade can make it more useable for now - I may even have a few spare bits laying about that you could have. :D

I'd probably recommend formatting your PC and starting fresh once you have backed up your system.

Can't believe I've missed this thread  - last time I looked it was about a new mouse!! :blink:

Now its Viruses/Spyware! :shutit:

Yep.... Mailwasher looks good.

Since you can read all your email on the server before it gets to your computer, you'll be better informed about your messages. Bogus links are displayed, you can see who the message is really from, check to see if that email really is a virus or a scam, and shield yourself from offensive pictures.

From the quote it seems like it will only protect you from new infections.

Regarding your exisiting PC, do you know the specification of it? You may not need a new one if a simple upgrade can make it more useable for now - I may even have a few spare bits laying about that you could have. :D

I'd probably recommend formatting your PC and starting fresh once you have backed up your system.

"where have you been" i still need an answer on that "lol" topic... back to the mouse, here the team have concluded my comp is ill, but thanks to scarface my web site is now safe on a cd since i have no way to back up the site, once that is in my hands then a formating i will go "but" i dont want to i have so many files and email that i need for my customers ( you ). today i run/ norton/ cw shredder/ hijack this and cw did find 7 suspicious files and deleted them, the mouse pointer still sods off to the left when left dorment once i pull it back its fine, anyhoo do you think mailwasher will check the 100s of emails in my in box as well?

hi Tony,

LOL means Laugh Out Loud

get urself a good virus scanner, norton is toss. u can a fully functioning virus scanner that will detect anything on ur machine, it detects loads that norton just skips go HERE

get the download, do the file antivirus update and run it, set it to scan detection maximum. sit back and let it run.

remember to temp disable your norton or u will get conflicts.

u might be surprised what it finds!

hi Tony,

LOL means Laugh Out Loud 

get urself a good virus scanner, norton is toss.    u can a fully functioning virus scanner that will detect anything on ur machine, it detects loads that norton just skips  go HERE

get the download, do the file antivirus update and run it, set it to scan detection maximum. sit back and let it run.

remember to temp disable your norton or u will get conflicts.

u might be surprised what it finds!

Nortons detection so far has been pants.. i'm still worried about the emails in my inbox, should i just bite the bullet and print them all? if yes then i will need to open the attachments aswell? do you think the antivirius can detect problems within the mail, thing is i'm between a rock and hard place now.. seemingly the comp is sick, i cannot save all my data (other) than my web site thanks to Scarface! so all the files and emails could be infected or lost if i format, if i save the data on a floppy, format the drive and re-install the mail then could it be back to stage one....?

Tony,

Sorry - yeah LOL mean laugh out loud!

If all your emails are in Outlook/Outlook Express then you can copy the location where your messages are stored on your computer to some other media. This way when you format your machine, you can restore all your emails and acounts.

This is quite complex (involves the registry):

Here is a quick guide I found:

http://www.iopus.com/guides/oe-backup.htm

You have PM too! :)

the antivirus will detect anything that is on your hard drive, but be warned it will take a while if u have set it to scan every file, BUT before u start make sure what the settings are if it finds something - eg set it so u decide the action or u will find it will delete the file as it goes along.

Tony,

Sorry - yeah LOL mean laugh out loud!

If all your emails are in Outlook/Outlook Express then you can copy the location where your messages are stored on your computer to some other media. This way when you format your machine, you can restore all your emails and acounts.

This is quite complex (involves the registry):

Here is a quick guide I found:

http://www.iopus.com/guides/oe-backup.htm

You have PM too! :)

Sorry about that "lol" thing it's just your reply put me in that sort of mood.... i thought "love our lexus" was best? thanks to Scarface my site is safe so what i shall do is print off the history from LOC and all customers south within the last six months, then add all the durex i can to the system if things go "tits up" then a formating i will go.....unless you know better?

oh you have a PM..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links