Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

The drivers wing mirror on my 99 gs300 started to lose the mirrored finish in the corner a while back, it has now spread up to about a fifth of the mirror. Is this a common problem, is there anythin I can do to stop it getting worse, or failing that can I just replace the glass, and is it expensive??

Sorry, lots of questions !

Thanks in advance

Terry

chances are that its too late to fix it as the silver backing on the glass has started to corrode, the mirrors are going to be very expensive as they are heated and are also photochromatic so im guessing at least £100 for it, could be wrong but going by the price of the mirrors on the IS....

chances are that its too late to fix it as the silver backing on the glass has started to corrode, the mirrors are going to be very expensive as they are heated and are also photochromatic so im guessing at least £100 for it, could be wrong but going by the price of the mirrors on the IS....

or you could go to hafrauds and but a generic one :D

Thanks guys, I'll ring round and see if there is one at any of the local breakers, not holdin my breath though.

Failin that, I'll just crane my neck further round to see what's behind !! Don't fancy shellin out £100 quid for a piece of glass !

• 1 month later...
Thanks guys, I'll ring round and see if there is one at any of the local breakers, not holdin my breath though. 

Failin that, I'll just crane my neck further round to see what's behind !!  Don't fancy shellin out £100 quid for a piece of glass !

Did you get the Glass? I have the same problem - was quoted £167 +VAT from Lexus for a replacement so went round to my breakers and got a complete mirror assembly in pristine condition for £100 inc VAT. Was it difficult to replace the glass? Any advice?

Anybody needing a mirror assembly without the glass?

£167, was that for the full mirror housing in the correct colour? Lexus qouted me £187 + vat for a mk1 complete mirror housing in the colour of my car, just a straight replacement, if that was just the mirror glass thats a bit extorsionate

As I understood it, that was for the mirror plate plus the little motor bits behind it but did not include the housing/paint job etc. They would not quote me for the glass plate on its own - said it came as an assembly with the motor bits etc. Like duffyt, it was still useable but it ruins the look of the car and after a year I had had enough of it. Mk 2 is Photochromatic glass - dont know if Mk 1 is? Expensive I know but will make me happier :D

Managed to get the mirror out of the housing last night and it now looks like what Lexus were quoting me £167 for was the mirror itself plus the a black plastic mounting plate and a wiring loom coming out of it. This is one assembly that would not normally come apart. I dont think they wer wuoting the motors as I had originally understood. Anyway, makes the £100 for the complete wing mirror look a bargain. :D

Anyone want a wing mirror assembly less the mirror? :unsure:

If only it were a passenger side mirror assembly for a MKI, someone managed to hit mine, and cracked the plastic round the glass mirror, the main back part is fine, just the front, i have no idea how that happened. not to bothered about it atm...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links