Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting Mk1 Ls400 Without Key

I have been told that my Mk 1 LS400 cannot be started without a key. I have been told that my ignition key has a built in 'transponder' (or something like that).

Does anybody know if this is true.

It bothers me leaving my car unattended in some 'seedy' areas where I have to go from time to time.

I have been told that my Mk 1 LS400 cannot be started without a key. I have been told that my ignition key has a built in 'transponder' (or something like that).

Does anybody know if this is true.

It bothers me leaving my car unattended in some 'seedy' areas where I have to go from time to time.

I think so. I only have one key for my 1990 Mk1 and asked Lexus Teesside to quote me a replacement. It was £300+ so I declined. The reason given that the key had a chip in it which put the cost into orbit. Moral of story: don't lose your key!!

The guy also said that if the key was lost & Lexus had to be called I was looking at £1000-00!

Cheers,

Carlo

A company in Canterbury (Kent) were able to reproduce a key from a working one for a Mazda that my wife had and that was a transponder key. They charged £25 and Mazda had wanted £200 to replace all sorts of gear in the car.

They may be able to help, or suggest someone closer

-------------------------

Acme Locks & Keys Locksmith

(01227) 785551

53, St. Stephens Rd

Canterbury

CT2 7JD

--------------------------

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links