Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Me and an IS200

Steve

Ok.. would you beleive it .. it has been how many months and I actually get to have a drive in an IS200.

Loved ebverything apart from a few annoying things

When indicating I could not hear the relay inside the car so end up driving a mile with the indicator on like an old man.... steering wheel was in the way of the indicator light on the dash

Steering wheel got in the way of the dinky dash clocks...

Lack of acceleration... my old car had more go and would reach 0-60 much quicker.

Short 1st gear

Not quite a smooth gear changes ( maybe me after driving auto)

Apart from those niggly bits I think it drives and handles lovely... Will have the car for a few hours at the end of the week so will be able to test it out a little more. And yes i would buy one.... GS300 next

Long live Windom! :lol:

Glad to hear you liked it Steve. Must be nice to drive a 'proper' Lexus after all this time! ;)

I really like not hearing the indicator relay. I think having a click just sounds cheap and besides I usually have the stereo too loud anyway!

I've never had a problem reading the dials, have you tried adjusting the steering wheel?

Did you drive it over 4500rpm? that’s the only way to make it accelerate fast. Trick is to accelerate to the red line so that when you change gear it is still above 4500.

Agree with the gear change, sometimes it can be very slick, other times it seems to clonk between gears especially to/from second.

I dont usually here the click in mine.. but it always catched my eye .....

I have got the car again this afternoon.

As for 'Proper' hmmm I will let Dave Sporty show you a proper lex :lol:

I think that the revs are too high between 1st and 2nd... the revs do not drop down fast enough for a quick change... higher gears it does not matter

those pop out headlight washer scared the life out of me.... whilst fiddling around with buttons i was stood outside the car leaning in and got a face full of soapy water.... :lol:

i was impressed with such a great toy

just a shame i don't bring the car home :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links