Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

High(er) Mileage Is200s

I'm currently looking for a new car and my heart's set on an IS200?As i've just bought a house i'd prefer to spend as little as possible whilst still getting a quality car.

Whats the general opinion on higher mileage IS200s? - I'm talking cars with 80-90k and upwards.

Although Lexus' relaibility is reassuring would i still be heading for big bills?

Basically rather than spend £6000ish on a car with 90k miles would i be better off finding the extra £2-3000 and finding a car with 40-60k miles?

Obviously i'd only consider vehicles with FLSH

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

i would choose on condition rather than mileage, with high mileage only being a problem if you decide to sell, however if you buy a high miler, then you'd be saving anyway. the only real probs seem to be uneven tyre wear, some think that it has notchy gearbox and some experience gearbox whine, although the gearbox thing appears to be a trait and not a sign of immenent failure, also the bodywork can be prone to parking dings and stonechips, black shows up dings the worst, silver is the best at hiding minor bodywork probs, my car is an '02 sport with 80,000 and it feels as 'tight' as a new car. hope this helps.

ive had my IS for 2 1/2 years now, had 85k on the clock when i got it and its now on 109k. i've not had any probs whatsoever, the 100k service is a biggie though so if its nearing 100k id get the dealer/garage to get that done before you take delivery.

During my shop around for one, I came accross one with 80k on it - and the condition was fantastic. The engine was mint too and everything still felt satisfying. Basically, choose on condition. You would probably be better off paying more for one in better condition, rather than lower miles.

mines got 126k on it now, had it for 18 months, 95k when I got it. Things to expect are clutch (mine went at about 100k i think) timing belt (due at 100k) lower ball joints (common to go, think I need another set now) still runs very well

i would go for condition too as said,mine has 80k on it,bought it with 60 on,is mint mate ,drives like new ,ive driven lower mileage ones that dont feel the same ,you will get a belter for 10 k,i would say your as well buying one from one of the lads in this club,your gonna be assured it will have been so well looked after and a few extra mods inc.

thanks for all the help guys.

by the way how major is the 100k service? (both in terms of work needed and cost?)

Also, how easy is it to fit 18s/19s? - surely 18x7s would go straight on providing the offset is correct?

cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links