Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help For A Newbie Please

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a imported harrier 1998. It is a lovely car, low mileage and I am a true believer in Lexus quality now. I have some questions which I hope some of you can answer.

I currently have the eagle front badge and was wondering how easy is it to remove and put a lexus badge on?. Do I have to replace the entire grill?

2. It has 16" alloys on it. The centre caps are toyota's. If I want to replace these what are the size do I require? 50mm or 60mm?

3. I currently have no locking wheel nuts, and I went to the local Halfords and found them very unknowledgable, saying that the yr 2000 RX 300 wheel nuts will not fit?, I would have to go to a toyota garage, is this true?.

4. The trip computer reads km/l and km/h. To convert this km/l to mpg do I have to times the figure in km/l roughly about 5?

Many thanks in anticipation,

A.

Welcome to LOC I hope you enjoy your car They are a superb model.

Q.1 A Lexus front L badge will fit on your existing grille. ( easy fix 10 mins)

Q.2. Measure the diameter of your existing centre caps then get the same size L ones.

Q.3. Locking nuts you should be able to pick up at any Alloy wheel centre.Or decent accessory outlet.

Halfords are a waste of time.

Q.4. Kmh / Mph. 100KM = 63 MPH

Hope this helps

Terry

eBay has them on regular. Decent prices. I might have some in the garage. Let me know what the diameter is. You won't be on here long before you realise those 16"s Have GOT TO GO !!!

Welcome to LOC

I got my L badges from Toyota

I m sure you can get them from Lexus

Not to expensive

As Terry said the 16" gots to go trust me I am enjoy the 18" now

More Grip RX feels more like a car on the bends well Roundabouts here in Milton Keynes

The trip computer hmmmm not sure not really bothered with it

:offtopic: Terry any news on the AUX input from Prolex

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links