Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ordered my new GS300 SE-L last week and was told there was no discount available on the new GS range at present.

All I managed to squeeze was a full tank of fuel a boot liner and Superguard on the vehicle. With hindsight I should have asked for some servicing vouchers but alas too late now.

Anyone manage any price discount?

I was originally going to trade my MkII GS300 in but I got a better price private,

so the deal was done with no trade in.

I am sure this will be useful information for anyone thinking of buying in the next few months.

Ordered my new GS300 SE-L last week and was told there was no discount available on the new GS range at present.

All I managed to squeeze was a full tank of fuel a boot liner and Superguard on the vehicle.  With hindsight I should have asked for some servicing vouchers but alas too late now.

Anyone manage any price discount?

I was originally going to trade my MkII GS300 in but I got a better price private,

so the deal was done with no trade in.

I am sure this will be useful information for anyone thinking of buying in the next few months.

:driving: Yes got a grand off mine

I have managed to get some prices from the internet based "Drivethedeal.com"

The prices are all including metalic/mica paint.

GS300 SE £34730 OTR

GS300 SE with sunroof £35538 OTR

GS300 SE-L £36725 OTR

Basically you order the car from www.drivethedeal.com they pass the order to a Lexus dealer and from that point you deal with the Lexus dealer.

You are supposed to keep the identity of the dealer a secret.

We got offered 2% off, and they made a big fuss about that and said it was only because we were already customers, how hard was it to get that much off?

2% discount from your Lexus dealer for being an existing customer or 4.5% discount from drivethedeal who don't know you from Adam, I think dealers should look after their customers a little better and stop the hard luck stories about "supply and demand" and "there's not a lot in it to play with". :excl:

I have been a Lexus owner since 1999 and now have both a GS300 and an IS200 but I bet I got the same treatment from the dealer as any non Lexus customer off the street.

Dealers please give us some brand loyalty discounts. :zorro:

We got offered 2% off, and they made a big fuss about that and said it was only because we were already customers, how hard was it to get that much off?

I played one dealer off against the other, this limited suppy crap they hand out is nonsence, ring around the country/look on the net, find the best deal that you are actualy offered, then go to your local dealer and tell them to match or better it, mine did not want to play,til that is I got in my car to go to the other dealers, and then the change of hart :D

After further investigations it appears that Lexus are doing what is called a "conquering" exercise to attract non Lexus owners, so unfortunately a BMW or Merc (spit) driver would probably get a better deal than a Lexus driver.:crybaby:

After further investigations it appears that Lexus are doing what is called a "conquering" exercise to attract non Lexus owners, so unfortunately a BMW or Merc (spit) driver would probably get a better deal than a Lexus driver.:crybaby:

That is shocking if true, how did you find that out? :o Hmmm, the car we're changing is a merc anyway, so maybe best to go to another dealer and not say anything about owning a lexus.... :P

That is shocking if true, how did you find that out? :o Hmmm, the car we're changing is a merc anyway, so maybe best to go to another dealer and not say anything about owning a lexus.... :P

I feel sure it is true, when I first bought a Lexus, I was trading in a Volvo T5-R estate [yellow]. They gave me a great price for it, against a new Mk II GS300. Their offer was equal to top dealer price for my older car - so maybe £4000 more than trade price.

7 years later, it still feels like that was a good deal. So it is not a new strategy for Lexus.

They won me over, they give me excellent service, but these days, the deals are not as good.

Regards,

Tony

I feel sure it is true, when I first bought a Lexus, I was trading in a Volvo T5-R estate [yellow]. They gave me a great price for it, against a new Mk II GS300. Their offer was equal to top dealer price for my older car - so maybe £4000 more than trade price.

7 years later, it still feels like that was a good deal. So it is not a new strategy for Lexus.

They won me over, they give me excellent service, but these days, the deals are not as good.

Regards,

Tony

Actually, coming to think of it, the same thing happened to me! When we bought the IS, they gave us £1000 more on our p/ex than anyone else (it was a 5 year old renault scenic :sick: which wasn't in great shape either cos it had recently been badly keyed and we couldn't be bothered to get it repaired). We also got a great deal on the IS and the service was perfect

This time around, the p/ex is a Merc worth at least £5k as p/ex (more like £8k as a private sale) and they offered £1800 for it and they only offered that piddly 2% off

:offtopic: Btw that volvo must've been a cracker, that was one of the really crazy original ones wasn't it :D :winky: :driving:

:offtopic: Btw that volvo must've been a cracker, that was one of the really crazy original ones wasn't it  :D  :winky:  :driving:

Still :offtopic: . . . It was,

Very fast, turbo kicked in suddenly, but front wheel drive so it could produce wheelspin with kickdown.

Also suited me as the estate I had had 7 seats.

Also as an estate, it had an uncovered boot area, it was noisy, rattly, and it encouraged me to look for refinement.

I found this link site with a quick Google . .Volvo T-5R link page

Mine looked like this one http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/391706

Regards,

Tony

If you are buying new send several dealers an 'offer to tender' , ie get them to 'tender' for the supply of the car, my boss did it recently with his new motor and got almost 5% off the deal along with a load of extras thrown in.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links