Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi, well its nearly time to start on my alloys :) , and I have a question :D . Ive read the car care section on scratches etc, but I have what can only be described as bubbles along the edge in a few areas. I think its corrosion, but what do I use to tackle them , would it be an abrasive wet and dry or a tiny file just to rub them down first . though i'm pretty handy renovating paint work, Im not sure what to use on these "bubbles". I think i would prefer to use a small file but I do need help on this. I have the paint already. picking up the rest tomorrow.

because the wheels have the problems spaced out Im going to spray the whole of the rims after I have done the prep on them, it will be easier for me .

Im just amazed at what a cracking car it , it has a lovely deep shine to it now, ive polished it four times now :D , in fact I just enjoy polishing it

hi, well its nearly time to start on my alloys  :) , and I have a question :D . Ive read the car care section on scratches etc, but I have what can only be described as bubbles along the edge in a few areas. I think its corrosion, but what do I use to tackle them , would it be an abrasive wet and dry or a tiny file just to rub them down first . though i'm pretty handy renovating paint work, Im not sure what to use on these "bubbles". I think i would prefer to use a small file but I do need help on this. I have the paint already. picking up the rest tomorrow.

because the wheels have the problems spaced out Im going to spray the whole of the  rims after I have done the prep on them, it will be easier for me .

Im just amazed at what a cracking car it  , it has a lovely deep shine to it now, ive polished it four times now  :D , in fact I just enjoy polishing it

I stripped down my wheels to the bare alloy on my mk1 and used 2 coats white primer 3 coats graphite grey alloy wheel spray then 3 coats clear coat..

it was quite a while ago and theres a topic in here about it.. and the bath..lol if you find it you will no what i mean about the bath..lol

craig

:) thanks for all the info guys, though I couldnt even do them because of the bad weather, hopefully it will be next weekend now. Ive got my second mod on the way, I have bought a alloy tax disc holder , so I should get it this week with a bit of luck (oh yes I know how to push the boat out :lol: ) I just hope it warms up soon so I can get these jobs done

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links