Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road Handling

Hi everybody,

I have owned an is200 for about 3 years now, quality motoring must say.

Up until i had a bad do with black ice at 50 mph. which sent me skidding accross a dual carrage way up a curb and onto the other side of the carrage way.

I was ok but shaken, as for lexxy he was also shaken, i damaged the wheels and tyers of which i have replced and had them all ballanced and tracking set up.

The car drives staight as a dye no shaken at all. But when i have a blast out

at a ton + i am fighting with the car to keep it on the road.

In the snow there is no traction what so ever just stands still, could anybody shed some light on the problem and will it be expensive to repair.

Kind regards :angry::crying:

I'm really sorry to hear this. As long as your okay...thats the main thing.

When you say you have had the tracking setup, what this just tracking OR a FULL GEOMETRY?

Sounds me like you should get a full geometry check done mate :D

I'm really sorry to hear this. As long as your okay...thats the main thing.

When you say you have had the tracking setup, what this just tracking OR a FULL GEOMETRY?

Sounds me like you should get a full geometry check done mate :D

hi mate, can you tell me what a full geometry check entails

hi mate, can you tell me what a full geometry check entails

Tyr this Link you can read all about it there. It will also give you info on where you can get it done, don't know if there is a recommended site around Teeside.

Dr Bones is the man and I am sure he will be along shortly :D

Hi everybody,

Up until i had a bad do with black ice at 50 mph. which sent me skidding accross a dual carrage way up a curb and onto the other side of the carrage way.

I was ok but shaken, as for lexxy he was also shaken, i damaged the wheels and tyers of which i have replced and had them all ballanced and tracking set up.

In the snow there is no traction what so ever just stands still, could anybody shed some light on the problem and will it be expensive to repair.

Kind regards  :angry:  :crying:

reads like a bad day? In the snow "nothing moves in the UK" when you say "fighting" with the car at a ton+ can you elaborate?

Hi everybody,

Kind regards   :angry:  :crying:

reads like a bad day? In the snow "nothing moves in the UK" when you say "fighting" with the car at a ton+ can you elaborate?

It feels as though you are on a water bed, if that makes sense

Hi everybody,

Andy: do you have a geometry report that you can display?

Hi everybody,

Andy: do you have a geometry report that you can display?

No sorry mate,no geometry report

If you didn't get a report after the repair then its not possible to conclude a resolve, somone let you down... we need a geometry report so that it can be removed from your compliant.

btw i cannot reply to your email? the address is denied?

If you didn't get a report after the repair then its not possible to conclude a resolve, somone let you down... we need a geometry report so that it can be removed from your compliant.

Hi again, can you tell me were i would have to go to get a geometry report done ie ATS , NATIONAL TYRES OR LEXUS DEALER

Hi again, can you tell me were i would have to go to get a geometry report done ie ATS , NATIONAL TYRES OR LEXUS DEALER

The where "sadly" i cannot advise... just make sure its a "full" geometry not a "four wheel alignment" all we need is the test results, so keep the cost down for now forget about any adjustments... "if" any are needed then the cost will be down to the "repairer" LOC i'm sure can "hammer" that home :D

The where "sadly" i cannot advise... just make sure its a "full" geometry not a "four wheel alignment" all we need is the test results, so keep the cost down for now forget about any adjustments... "if" any are needed then the cost will be down to the "repairer" LOC i'm sure can "hammer" that home :D

Thanks for your help, i will do some enquires

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links