Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nitrogen Filled Tyres

:D Just Had 2 new tyres fiited onto the old Girl :wub: and there are signs all over the place advertising 'Nitrogen filling' for tyres As used in F1.

didn't ask for it but when asked how much per tyre told that had already been done on the two new tyres fitted on today!(they fill them as standard now at the fitters I use- only £1.75 per Tyre):blush:

has anyone had this done and noticed any increase in tyre life or fuel economy?

or are the claims just Hype!!! :unsure:

:D Just Had 2 new tyres fiited onto the old Girl :wub: and there are signs all over the place advertising 'Nitrogen filling' for tyres As used in F1.

didn't ask for it but when asked how much per tyre told that had already been done on the two new tyres fitted on today!(they fill them as standard now at the fitters I use- only £1.75 per Tyre):blush:

Dont bother....its all hype

its total balls - type nitrogen in the search and u will see this was talked about not too long ago

Yep did this one not too long ago nitrogen is only used on aircraft because of the heat and cold the tyres go through and it doesn't feed the flames on a brake fire

Dont bother....its all hype

Cheers All :)

won't be rushing out to have my other ones filled!!!! :P

Down here in Oz, i gave the Nitrogen a try before we went away over Xmas. Did 5000kms in two weeks, two of us and a boot full of luggage along some of the best roads the south coast of Australia has to offer (*sigh* The Great Ocean Road...).

Ahem - No noticeable fluctuation in tire pressure, where normally i would be topping the tires up a couple of times. As far as wear and economy is concerned, bah, negligble. But i definitley find my tires don't deflate as quickly as they used to. 'Course, my tire shop gave me metal valve caps as well, not sure if they are helping as well!

A friend of mine once asked an engineer at work to put refrigerator gas in his tyres to see what happened. He didn't realise it expands massively when the gas is heated up by only a small amount. It blew 3 of the 4 tyres off the car whilst at doing 90mph+ :o

A friend of mine once asked an engineer at work to put refrigerator gas in his tyres to see what happened. He didn't realise it expands massively when the gas is heated up by only a small amount. It blew 3 of the 4 tyres off the car whilst at doing 90mph+ :o

:offtopic: Nice Vulcan in your Avatar :geek:

:offtopic: Going back to Legendswraith point about nitrogen being used in aircraft tyres...It never occurred to me but I popped out and checked..

Yep he's right, the Vulcan's full of the stuff. It's a bugger pumping those tyres up with my bike pump though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links