Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus took away my 430 today to fix the bouncing suspension and left me with a brand new RX 300.

It's a good looking car and I was pleasantly surprised with the spec; sat nav, reversing camera, manual and auto gears, Bluetooth etc but then I drove it.

Now don't get me wrong, it was actually quite nice to drive with a good sporty feel (and certainly looked more the part than the 430 when I parked up at the gym this evening :whistling: ) but ultimately, after driving a 4.3 litre V8, how could anything else possibly compare?

On my journey home from work there's a dual carriageway that goes up a hill and, in the LS 430, absolutely nothing has ever over-taken me on that hill but in the RX I just felt compelled to stay in the left hand lane (and to be fair it's not my car so I wasn't going to thrash it.) :)

I can't believe I'm missing the old girl so much already. :D

P.S. Oh and it did take me 10 minutes to work out how to take the handbrake off when I first got in it. :blush:

Now don't get me wrong, it was actually quite nice to drive with a good sporty feel (and certainly looked more the part than the 430 when I parked up at the gym this evening  :whistling: ) but ultimately, after driving a 4.3 litre V8, how could anything else possibly compare?

On my journey home from work there's a dual carriageway that goes up a hill and, in the LS 430, absolutely nothing has ever over-taken me on that hill but in the RX I just felt compelled to stay in the left hand lane (and to be fair it's not my car so I wasn't going to thrash it.) :)

P.S. Oh and it did take me 10 minutes to work out how to take the handbrake off when I first got in it.  :blush:

sure there was no relationship between these issues?

the foot brake does have a bit of an effect on performance?

(I know someone who mistook the foot brake pedal for the foot rest when they first got their LS400 :whistling::whistling: )

wheres the hand / foot brake on the LS430 then?

is it not foot operated, with a pull handle on the left hand side of the drivers panel?

P.S. Oh and it did take me 10 minutes to work out how to take the handbrake off when I first got in it.  :blush:

LOL! I did eventually get the handbrake off - there's a flipping bright red warning light if you don't. :D

It wasn't just me, having now checked specs, the LS 430 does 0-60 in 6 seconds, the RX takes 9 seconds, both are 2.5 tonne cars!

is it not foot operated, with a pull handle on the left hand side of the drivers panel?

Yes it is on the LS 430 but the RX has this new foot push on and foot push off system - which I only found after 10 minutes of head scratching. :winky:

Lexus took away my 430 today to fix the bouncing suspension and left me with a brand new RX 300.

Well she's back and looking better than ever. :)

Fair play to Lexus Oxford, exemplary service to date.

They picked up the LS 430 from my work last week, leaving the RX 300 for me to get around in. I'd advised them that I needed my car back for an important journey this weekend.

Today they replaced a faulty sensor and then dropped my pride and joy off at my home and took away the RX 300.

I haven't been inconvenienced in the slightest, the car looks like its been cleaned inside and out and I'm a happy man.

You do expect good service when you splash out £50k for a car but it's always nice when your expectations are actually met and in this case exceeded.

Mind you I've not driven her yet ... :whistling:

You do expect good service when you splash out £50k for a car but it's always nice when your expectations are actually met and in this case exceeded.

Good grief............do you perchance need a beatch???????????!!!!!!! :lol::lol:

Makes you wonder who the parent group is for Oxford, because that seems to determine the level of service.

Now don't get me wrong, it was actually quite nice to drive with a good sporty feel (and certainly looked more the part than the 430 when I parked up at the gym this evening  :whistling: ) but ultimately, after driving a 4.3 litre V8, how could anything else possibly compare?

(I know someone who mistook the foot brake pedal for the foot rest when they first got their LS400 :whistling::whistling: )

:tomato: Hi Matthew, I to found the RX (after spending 35K) not as I expected, handled poorly and economy was terible, swapped for the new GS300SE, what a difference, power and economy :shifty:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links