Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo Front Wheel Bearings

chips229

The cars a mk1 Aristo.

I checked the wheel nuts and there tight,ive not had chance to take the wheel off as it was getting dark tonight,i will have a look after work tomorrow night,ive got some play in the front wheel.My moneys on its a wheel bearing,does anyone have a rough price for new one,im thinking about £50 a side.Im going to check first before ordering a new one,but like on most cars theres a large bolt which holds the disc to the hub,that might just be a little loose.Any tips on changing them?

Cheers chips.

Ive had the front wheel off tonight,to my surprize theres no large nut in the centre of the disc like on most cars,that would be to easy wouldnt it :rolleyes:

The weather was to wet to take the caliper off,so ive put the wheel back on.So if the caliper was taken off will the disc just come off the hub?

Im thinking is the a lock nut on the other side holding the disc tight?

There cant be much difference to the uk mk1 GS300 car.

I have tried searching this site but cant find any info.

Has anyone changed the disc or bearing on there Uk car?

Cheers chips.

Hi Alan,

Have the same problem on mine, but it's not the wheel bearing, it's the upper suspension arm, there is play in the ball joint. May be worth while checking this first.

But the wheel bearing is located behind the centre metal cap, if you remove the caliper, the disc will come off, you may find that there is a single counter-sunk screw on them on. To remove the metal cap, you need to lock the hub, use an old screwdriver, and then knock the metal cap counter-clockwise, there will be raised lugs on the cap. I'll get a manual uploaded that shows the strip down needed. Have not removed the wheel bearings myself but from the manual that's the way forward.

Hope this helps

Many thanks Paul for reply,im hoping the weather will be better tomorrow night and have another look,it looks like the lower ball joints been replaced not long ago.With the wheel on there is alot of up/down movement maybe 2mm :crybaby: the car only feels strange when cornering,theres no wobble when braking on the steering wheel,just a very sudden feeling as though the grounds been pulled from when corners,theres play in the drivers side wheel but it not as bad.

Is that £60 for a second hand one or do they also sale new parts Paul.

I had a look at the car again and Spot on mate looks like the upper ball joints wore badly on the left hand side,didnt look at the drivers side but seems the same problem.

Good job its pay day next week :)

Thats £60 for a second hand one, will be replacing mine in the next couple of weeks, they are easy to do though, but you'll need to replace the bolts that fix the arm to the chassis, these sometimes stretch and will be better being replaced, if you speak to John at Swift, he said that he can get the bolts needed - new.

New from Lexus are priced at £306 and this a complete assembly, not just the upper arm but the whole lot.

Oh Dogs Tangles, will have to wait until they have it stock then, at least mine is not in dyer need just yet :lol:, may as well carry on cleaning her.

You could always ask John to phone as soon as they do have one in.

• 2 months later...
Didnt speak to john,when i called them back(they had to check stock)

The guy didnt want to take me number and call me when they had some.

hi all,

could you post a telephone number for swifts? i have the same problem as you guys.... do one of you have a manual? where did you get it from, i would like to buy a copy....

Hi Alan,

Have the same problem on mine, but it's not the wheel bearing, it's the upper suspension arm, there is play in the ball joint. May be worth while checking this first.

But the wheel bearing is located behind the centre metal cap, if you remove the caliper, the disc will come off, you may find that there is a single counter-sunk screw on them on. To remove the metal cap, you need to lock the hub, use an old screwdriver, and then knock the metal cap counter-clockwise, there will be raised lugs on the cap. I'll get a manual uploaded that shows the strip down needed. Have not removed the wheel bearings myself but from the manual that's the way forward.

Hope this helps

i have to do my bearings, i got a set from toyota bracknell, £35 a set. could somebody do me a step by step for replacement? cheers all

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links