Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just done a deal on a GS300 SE year 2000 on an X. I'm pleased with the deal I've done, but it's my first Lexus. For the last 13 years I've been driving BMW 7 series but couldn't find anyone in the north east with any for sale. Ironically, a pal of mine who always buys new, just drove past our house this morning in a brand new GS(probably a 430). The irony is that he has had a 740 for the past 18 months and the same Lexus dealer who I've just bought my GS off, I think only gave him about 18k for the BMW. It only had 40kmiles and the Lexus dealer has moved it straight on. Bu**er .... ah well, maybe I'll buy his GS 430 in about 18 months time.

Anyway - things I'm looking forward to on the GS 300 that I don't have on the BMW (730i) - climate control, lumbar support, VSC and traction control (oh yeah and the sunglasses holder ;)

Things I'll miss (but not much) - trip computer, cubby holes, aerial in the rear window, more wood, more leather, more space, electric boot closing, skibag (through back seat - but I use it for my fishing rods), controls for cruise and audio in the steering wheel.

Any advice gratefully received - noted that one recent poster is fitting upgraded rear light lenses?

Mike

PS picking it up Monday

Congrats on the purchase. I too have recently purcahsed a GS300 SE after owning a IS200 for a couple of years. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

About the upgraded rear lights - i have purchased the newer style rear light units (there was a mild revamp to the GS series in 2001) and give the rear of the car a modern look. If you do a search, you'll find a really useful article from Brettster on how to fit these lights as a slight modification is required on the wiring loom.

I'd recommend that you join GOLD as this will get you discount from most Lexus dealers on parts and servicing (i saved 15% on my rear lights for example).

Cheers,

Sandeep

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links