Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello Mr Bones...

Hi Tony,

Just wondered if you have your new geometry kit in yet to accomodate the lower than low IS drivers? :D

If not any idea on a date?

Cheers - Neil

Hi Tony,

Just wondered if you have your new geometry kit in yet to accomodate the lower than low IS drivers? :D

Cheers - Neil

No....this area is evolving as we type but is not in my control. wheels-inmotion is a web address but i work for Stapletons tyres Watford. They realize my needs but have to justify the cost to the board. have a look at the "about us" section in

My Webpagethis explains were we are going, its all down to time. if things dont work out i think i will set up on my own.

Hi Tony,

Cheers - Neil

if things dont work out i think i will set up on my own.

It's hard to soar like an eagle when you work with turkeys ;)

Maybe you need to come and work at TDi Towers mate :D

Hi Tony,

Cheers - Neil

Dont tempt me... :excl: I am working within an exploding area "geometry" but the "fences" just wont move :angry:

I hope something gets sorted soon.... don't want to ruin the 19" tyres too quick :(

six months, three degrees rear camber and the nick-name "Mr plough" are you saying you still have rubber on your wheels :D :unsure:

lol

well.... if i was doing 15k miles a year i would be more worried.... only doing 5k if that its not too bad ;)

I'm with Am there...well only 18's on my car, but the state my geometry is in right now I'm probably ripping through the rubber....

Tony, this is Neil mate...remember I came down to see you in December last year...black IS with the nail in my back right wheel.

Anyway I say leave the shop...your definitely under appreciated!!

Hi Tony,

Cheers - Neil

Dont tempt me... :excl: I am working within an exploding area "geometry" but the "fences" just wont move :angry:

Sounds like you need to escape to somewhere that appreciates talent and enthusiasm

I hope something gets sorted soon.... don't want to ruin the 19" tyres too quick :(

six months, three degrees rear camber and the nick-name "Mr plough" are you saying you still have rubber on your wheels :D :unsure:

lol

well.... if i was doing 15k miles a year i would be more worried.... only doing 5k if that its not too bad ;)

Good for you "Mr Plough". if STS dont comply with the eqip then soon TDI will have the necessary kit... :D

I'm with Am there...well only 18's on my car, but the state my geometry is in right now I'm probably ripping through the rubber....

Tony, this is Neil mate...remember I came down to see you in December last year...black IS with the nail in my back right wheel.

Anyway I say leave the shop...your definitely under appreciated!!

Yeh i do remember, and i still have your # in my tool box so i can phone you when the new kit comes in.... six months later still waiting :crybaby:

I must admit i'm not un-appreciated just miss-understood in this area. fast fit does not understand my field but are trying, ( very trying ).

Equipments one thing.... but the man who knows how to set it properly is another ;)

:P

True, what makes me mad is all those out there that get butt :tsktsk: by fast fit world wide, and i get their distressed mail every day, seems WIM's example will take time to evolvle...i think all i need is some LOC in my tank :driving: it goes a long way on one topic :D

Tony, do you have a fax number over there? I had a geometry setup done today on a Hunter 600 (mean anything to you...I'm sure it does)?

Basically, I've had my suspension changed recently (again) and it's sitting higher than it was when I saw you in December. The ride and handling was terrible...I just had to get something done!

I'm planning to lower it again soon, but trying to hold out till you get your new kit, so I can have a proper geometry setup done!

Anyway, I have the footprint print-out and I was wondering if you woldn't mind taking a look...basically what you think on what they have done.

Cheers - Neil :)

Neil m8 your geometry will change agaim when you lower it.

I know that....i'm not that stupid.... :P :mat:

I just had to get it done now, just as an interim measure....the toe and camber angels were all over the place! The ride and handling was shocking! The long journey to work and back each day was doing my head in!

I'm gonna wait for Tony to get the new kit in before I lower it again! :D

Tony, do you have a fax number over there?  I had a geometry setup done today on a Hunter 600 (mean anything to you...I'm sure it does)? 

Cheers - Neil :)

Yes but not here at home, i will display it tomorrow, i would like to see that report.

Thanks Tony, I will fax it over to you in a bit!

Thanks Neil i got your geometry report today.... and i dont know were to start :excl: i'll try this, the set-up you have been given is "pants" what on earth did they think they were doing!

Expanation:

1: The geom was incomplete: no castor, kpi, toot, included, lock angles, set back.

so i would assume the cost for the geom also was "trimmed"

2: The best i can read from the report was wear in the nsr inner/ nsf inner/ small amount on the osf inner.

3: The worst angle on the car was the nsr camber@ 1 deg 48' negative, so how did they explain the final settings @ 2 deg 45' negitive nsr/ osr :ohmy: please let me know.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for taking a look at the report for me! I know what your saying, I wasn't sure about the final figures myself...the cost was cut a lot though because of a few factors....basically, they couldn't adjust the toe angle fully, so adjusted the camber so they could align the wheels....i think!

Anyway, although the handling of my car is much better, I'm not happy after what you have just said...is there any way I could come and see you for a proper setup? What time do you finish work this Saturday? If not, are you open sunday or monday?

Thanks again Tony - Brgds, Neil

Hi Tony,

Thank you for taking a look at the report for me!  I know what your saying, I wasn't sure about the final figures myself...the cost was cut a lot though because of a few factors....basically, they couldn't adjust the toe angle fully, so adjusted the camber so they could align the wheels....i think!

Anyway, although the handling of my car is much better, I'm not happy after what you have just said...is there any way I could come and see you for a proper setup?  What time do you finish work this Saturday?  If not, are you open sunday or monday?

Thanks again Tony - Brgds, Neil

for sure the car will handle better.... its set-up for BTCC :ohmy: as Scorpion said i am off on hol untill 8th June :D :D so we need to meet soon after. on that note if needs be and you can only make a Sunday then i will go in to work and sort it.

Tony you are too kind...thank you very much mate!! But fear not, I wouldn't dream of dragging you into work on a Sunday :D .....how does the 11th of June around mid-day sound?

Cheers - Neil

Tony you are too kind...thank you very much mate!!  But fear not, I wouldn't dream of dragging you into work on a Sunday :D .....how does the 11th of June around mid-day sound?

Cheers - Neil

Sunday i must admit "is" a family day for most of us including me, but as i said "if needs be"... sent PM mate :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links