Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drifting An Unmodified Is200 Sport?

While they don't seem the most popular cars for it, it would seem that with a few nice additions under the hood the IS200/Altezza makes for an impressive Drift car. There's a couple of nice examples within the club, as well as an article in the new J-Tuner magazine. B) I must admit to taking a liking to the idea of drifting and want to try my hand at drifting myself. Needless to say I'm reluctant to try this on public roads, however Driftworks have a practice session in a couple of weeks at Silverstone and I was considering giving it a try there.

My question therefore is, with an unmodified IS200 Sport (without a supercharger but with the viscous LSD and stiffer suspension) would I be able to practice drifting? If I can, what are the likely pitfalls/wear/damage I might do to the car? :huh:

Fortunately I have a couple of spare wheels that I can over-pressure to 50psi and stick on the back, so tyre wear or reducing the grip on the rear shouldn't be too problematic. But I'd rather try my hand at drifting before deciding to make a few "expensive alterations" such as a supercharger and a proper LSD to make it easier. :lol:

While they don't seem the most popular cars for it, it would seem that with a few nice additions under the hood the IS200/Altezza makes for an impressive Drift car. There's a couple of nice examples within the club, as well as an article in the new J-Tuner magazine.  B) I must admit to taking a liking to the idea of drifting and want to try my hand at drifting myself. Needless to say I'm reluctant to try this on public roads, however Driftworks have a practice session in a couple of weeks at Silverstone and I was considering giving it a try there.

My question therefore is, with an unmodified IS200 Sport (without a supercharger but with the viscous LSD and stiffer suspension) would I be able to practice drifting? If I can, what are the likely pitfalls/wear/damage I might do to the car?  :huh:

Fortunately I have a couple of spare wheels that I can over-pressure to 50psi and stick on the back, so tyre wear or reducing the grip on the rear shouldn't be too problematic. But I'd rather try my hand at drifting before deciding to make a few "expensive alterations" such as a supercharger and a proper LSD to make it easier.  :lol:

drifting wise tony would be your man geometry set up has alot to do with it as far as i can see

While they don't seem the most popular cars for it, it would seem that with a few nice additions under the hood the IS200/Altezza makes for an impressive Drift car. There's a couple of nice examples within the club, as well as an article in the new J-Tuner magazine.  B) I must admit to taking a liking to the idea of drifting and want to try my hand at drifting myself. Needless to say I'm reluctant to try this on public roads, however Driftworks have a practice session in a couple of weeks at Silverstone and I was considering giving it a try there.

My question therefore is, with an unmodified IS200 Sport (without a supercharger but with the viscous LSD and stiffer suspension) would I be able to practice drifting? If I can, what are the likely pitfalls/wear/damage I might do to the car?  :huh:

Fortunately I have a couple of spare wheels that I can over-pressure to 50psi and stick on the back, so tyre wear or reducing the grip on the rear shouldn't be too problematic. But I'd rather try my hand at drifting before deciding to make a few "expensive alterations" such as a supercharger and a proper LSD to make it easier.  :lol:

Was it you i spoke to on there???? im on the site as black_magic.....im also thinking of drifting but there is no way im doing it in the Lex.. :sick::sick: to worried about stacking it so wont be giving it its all. toying with the idea of a cheap 200sx s13 :winky: but we will see :shifty:

Jason :zee:

Was it you i spoke to on there???? im on the site as black_magic.....im also thinking of drifting but there is no way im doing it in the Lex.. :sick:  :sick:  to worried about stacking it so wont be giving it its all. toying with the idea of a cheap 200sx s13  :winky:  but we will see :shifty:

Jason :zee:

No, I'm not registered for the Driftworks forum... yet. :D :shifty:

Must admit I'm a bit wary of taking the Lex drifting which is why I'm asking here first. But at least I'm seeing one advantage of how the used IS200 prices are dropping these days. :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links