Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone!! :)

A Canadian boy here!!

My '93 LS has 115,000 km's. It still has the original struts. I think the ride is too soft - unstable even - especially at highway speeds. And yet - the struts don't leak and they pass the push-down-on-the-hood-and-trunk test. [bonnet and boot] Can struts that look fine and pass the bounce test - STILL need replacing?!

Thanks

Craig!! :)

Hi craig,

How long have you owned your car?,if youve had the car only a few weeks then you will have to get used to the soft ride.If nothings leaking and it goes through a MOT test or what ever its called your way then i wouldnt worry to much.Get a garage to have a look if you want to be on the safe side.

Cheers chips.

Hi chips!! :)

I hope you're OK.

I appreciate the reply.

I've owned my LS for about a year and half now. My Lexus dealer says the struts are fine BECAUSE they're not leaking. But surely - 12+ year old struts with over 115,000 km's on them MUST be worn out a bit - wouldn't they be? [or are struts find and dandy UNTIL they leak?] It's fine in the city - but it's unstable feeling on the highway. [and I know the difference between floaty and unstable - I've driven many Lincoln's in my life!!]

Thanks,

Craig!! :)

Try looking through some of the LS400 section posts,i remember reading someone on this uk site,replacing some of the rear suspension bushes or arms last year.He said there was a BIG difference in the way the car handled,his car was a mk1 LS400,like you say,if the struts have been on the car for 12 years then yea they wont be as crisp as new ones.But its the type of car that would not be driven,cornered hard so that helps with the life of them.May be get the dealer to look around the rear suspension for wear.

Cheers chips.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links