Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

With acknowledgement to Dave (dts439) and all the excellent contributions to the "NX 450h+ electric and petrol range" thread, I thought I would start this new one just on the predicted EV range. Aim is to collect a bunch of stats to see how range varies with the seasons and how individual cars differ.

If you would like to contribute, please include the predicted EV range without Air/Con and the predicted range with Air/Con. For consistency, please ensure the results are for a car that is 100% charged and the charging is complete.

Around November, my range (without A/C) was over 47 miles but dropped in December. There appears to be a small recovery lately. My most recent 4 charges have returned the following:

45.6/41.0 - 46.2/42.5 - 46.3/42.6 - 46.5/43.7 (most recent)

I'll plot the returns and periodically publish a summary. Thanks for your help.

Creeping up to 44.1/39.5, that said only 700 on the clock and the duracell range is climbing, slowly, with every charge.  Generally the total estimated is going up 0.4 of a mile per full re-charge.  I'm using pre-heat religiously and it seems to be paying off, really delivers an accurate outcome, i.e est vs actual

• Thanks 1

Mine showing 47.5/43.7 this morning.

Last trips recharge to recharge produced an actual 38 miles & previous ones 35-36 miles, even though the lower indicated miles after charging has never fallen below 42 miles 🤔

• Thanks 1

Today's recharge is indicating 48/39.9 today.

Actual mileage is likely to be 39/30 though. Summer months and the predicted range proves fairly accurate.

• Thanks 1

Today's recharge showing 56.2 / 52.8. My experience is

• When I first got the car the first charge showed about 40 miles indicated range, it then slowly crept up with each charge and peaked at just over 60 (with A/C) in the hot weather in the summer
  • It has slowly fallen off again dipping below 50 (with A/C) when it was cold recently, the last 4 charges with milder weather have been around the 52 mark with one a couple of days ago over 53 again
  • I've not got objective data on how far this lasts in reality as I've have had a few journeys recently using both engine and electric but I think I am probably getting more like 45 miles range depending on driving style and ambient temperatures
  • For info my car is now about a year from when it was built and I have had it 9 months, covered about 15k miles.

I'd be interested to know mileage etc. of others cars particularly where people are reporting indicated ranges around the 45 miles mark or even less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picked up mine first week January so all driving done in cold and very cold weather. Total milage done 1100 miles; Max indicated showing after full charge is 40 miles. So hoping that I can match others as the weather warms up. Had to fuel up for the first time last week and decided to carry a maximum of half a tank at any one time, as can't see point of lugging around a full tank if not needy unless doing a long journey of course.

Asked this question on another post but no answer; When I ask the nice' Lexus Lady' for current fuel consumption she keeps coming up with a range of figures like 56/ 80 sometimes +  100 mpg and all figures in-between. How is this calculated? is it based on milage left to empty on the Battery at the time. Would like to know the average mpg owners are getting using the ICE alone.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The_Doctor said:

• When I first got the car the first charge showed about 40 miles indicated range, it then slowly crept up with each charge and peaked at just over 60 (with A/C) in the hot weather in the summer
  • It has slowly fallen off again dipping below 50 (with A/C) when it was cold recently, the last 4 charges with milder weather have been around the 52 mark with one a couple of days ago over 53 again
  • I've not got objective data on how far this lasts in reality as I've have had a few journeys recently using both engine and electric but I think I am probably getting more like 45 miles range depending on driving style and ambient temperatures
  • For info my car is now about a year from when it was built and I have had it 9 months, covered about 15k miles.

I'd be interested to know mileage etc. of others cars particularly where people are reporting indicated ranges around the 45 miles mark or even less.

That's an excellent figure. Are you regularly doing anything to give that range? What's your normal method of charging?

The age/mileage of the vehicle so perhaps people could add that info and I'll add it to the stats I'm accumulating. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 6:27 PM, The_Doctor said:

Wow. Impressive mileage. Have never got anywhere near 60.

3 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

That's an excellent figure. Are you regularly doing anything to give that range? What's your normal method of charging?

No not doing anything particular. I usually charge at home on the wallbox, occasionally at public charging. I don't think I've seen anything much above 45 miles achieved range despite what the reported range says. I am watching more closely now ...

On 2/5/2023 at 10:45 AM, RXtoNX said:

Last nights recharge shows 47.7/43.8 

Actual achieved on the above 41.1 miles based upon journeys recorded in app, all in EV mode, of 36.3 miles plus 4.8 miles shown as left in Battery.

Last nights charge shows 48.0/44.1

Car 6 months old & covered 4600 miles

• Thanks 1

Total 100% charge today; showing 46.9 and 43.2 

Again would also be interested to know from people the average calculated mpg in ICE mode only and wether any marked difference in warmer weather.

• Thanks 1

I tried a 100% charge last night which I don’t normally do (I try to keep it to a max of 80% normally) and it reported 47/40 when I disconnected it

I forgot to reset the trip until the estimated EV range was 31 and I got 17.9 miles before the ICE kicked in with 2 miles still on EV

I will try a more scientific charge/journey to work out how accurate the estimate isn’t 😁

For note I tend do infrequent short trips so in this weather it is using the EV charge to heat up the cabin but I might be on the cusp of being cheaper using ICE rather than EV ☹️

• Like 1

I’m similar numbers, tonight’s full charge is estimating 47.5/40.4 in the app

my charge point says it added 12.66 kWh with an estimated 27miles, given the 2.1 m/kWh which the car is reporting. Therefore actual estimated range (given the 3 miles left when put on charge) should be 30 miles. 
I’ll see what my actual mileage is but I feel that 30 is far more accurate than 40 so I don’t know what algorithm is being used by the car for the estimate. We’ll see tomorrow 😁

• Thanks 1

On 2/8/2023 at 9:36 AM, RXtoNX said:

Last nights charge shows 48.0/44.1

Car 6 months old & covered 4600 miles

Actual achieved on the above before ICE kicked in 37 miles with 50%+ on dual carriageways at 65-70mph, which I find reduces the Battery range.

Last nights charge shows without A/C range @ 47.7  reduce slightly over previous (48.0) but with A/C range increase slightly @ 44.4 (previous 44.1). Very small margins I know but never noticed that before🤔

image.thumb.png.22c0a27d6e84145982a6c1a9149e17dc.png

• Thanks 1

Well after 7 short urban journeys with a small amount of ICE kicking in at the start due to frozen windscreen I managed to get 28.5 miles actual distance before it reached HV mode and after starting with predicted 40 miles. Having thought 30 was closer given the 2.1 m/kWh displayed and the amount put in by my charging point I still can work out how the estimate in the car is being arrived at. 
car is almost 12 months old with 7200 miles and I mainly drive in ECO mode around the city so whilst not the best conditions it is still (currently) cheaper than using ICE for my kind of journey

roll on the better weather when I can get back to the 3.2m/kWh that I enjoyed over the summer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links